|North Dakota House of Representatives District 25|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||10|
|Per diem||Up to $1,569/month for lodging|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Valley City State University, 1970|
|Master's||North Dakota State University, 1976|
|Birthday||December 14, 1943|
|Place of birth||Enderlin, ND|
Wall earned a B.S. from Valley City State University and a M.S. from North Dakota State University. His professional experience includes teaching English and Journalism at Walpeton Public School before retirement.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Wall served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Wall served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Wall served on the following committee:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2009|
Wall won re-election to one of two seats in District 25 of the North Dakota House of Representatives. Wall and fellow incumbent Clark Williams (D) defeated Larry Gast (D) and Ron Flesland (R) in the November 2 general election.
|North Dakota State House, District 25|
|John Wall (R)||2,754|
|Clark Williams (D)||2,043|
|Ron Flesland (R)||1,652|
|Larry Gast (D)||1,389|
|North Dakota House of Representatives, District 25|
|John Wall (R)||2,568|
|Clark Williams (D-NPL)||2,544 PL|
|James Strege (R)||1,638|
In 2010, Wall received $4,250 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|North Dakota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Wall's campaign in 2010|
|Lignite Energy Council||$1,000|
|House Republican Caucus Of North Dakota||$500|
|North Dakota Association Of Telecommunications Cooperatives||$500|
|North Dakota Petroleum Council||$425|
|Total Raised in 2010||$4,250|
In 2006, Wall collected $2,900 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2006.
|NORTH DAKOTA REPUBLICAN HOUSE CAUCUS||$675|
|NORTH DAKOTA PETROLEUM COUNCIL||$500|
|NORTH DAKOTA LIGNITE COUNCIL||$500|
|NORTH DAKOTA ASSOCIATION OF RURAL ELECTRIC COOPERATIVES||$400|
NDPC: North Dakota Legislative Review
The North Dakota Policy Council, a North Dakota-based nonprofit research organization which describes itself as "liberty-based", published the North Dakota Legislative Review, a comprehensive report on how state legislators voted during the 2011 legislative session. The scorecard seeks to show how North Dakota legislators voted on the principles the Council seeks to promote. The Council recorded and scored votes on both spending bills and policy bills, and awarded points accordingly. Policy issues voted upon included income tax cuts, pension reform, and government transparency. On spending legislation, the Council accorded a percentage score based on how much spending the legislator voted against. On policy legislation, scores range from the highest score (100%) to the lowest (0%). A higher score indicates that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Council. Wall received a score of 33.73% on policy legislation and voted against 1.89% of state spending. Wall was ranked 66th on policy and 92nd on spending, out of 94 House members evaluated for the study.
Wall and his wife, Margaret, have four children. They currently reside in Wahpeton, North Dakota.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Wall + North + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Dakota House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly
- North Dakota state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Dakota House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Representative Wall on State Surge
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- Project Smart Vote, "Biography of Rep. Wall," accessed May 23, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2010 Primary Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2010 General Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2006 General Election Results," accessed May 22, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2006 Campaign contributions," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Policy Council, "The North Dakota Legislative Review - 2011," accessed January 20, 2014
- North Dakota Policy Council "2011 North Dakota Legislative Review Rankings," accessed January 26, 2014
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |