|Former candidate for|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 15|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Weishan's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "It’s time to reform Wisconsin’s tax system, this time with middle class families in mind."
- Excerpt: "We have a responsibility to future generation to be caretakers of our natural resources. I will work to reestablish the position of public intervener to enforce the environmental principles of our state. Citizen involvement has a long tradition in Wisconsin’s conservation history, restoring the role of the conservation congress in hunting and fishing regulations will be a major priority."
- Excerpt: "It is apparent the State of Wisconsin is not in a financial position to fund two competing school systems. Eliminating the costly and duplicative voucher program would free up desperately needed resources for our current public school system, resulting in lower property taxes."
- Excerpt: "The State of Wisconsin should accept the federal funding for the expansion of Medicaid in Wisconsin better known as the BadgerCare program."
Increasing minimum wage
- Excerpt: "Workers deserve to be paid a living wage that will provide for the basics of life. Increasing the minimum wage improves the economy along with helping to stabilize family finances."
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for all 99 seats in the Wisconsin State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. John Weishan was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Joe Sanfelippo was unopposed in the Republican primary. Weishan and Sanfelippo faced off in the general election. Incumbent Sanfelippo defeated challenger Weishan in the general election, and was re-elected to another term.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Weishan + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Wisconsin State Assembly
- Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- John Weishan on Facebook
- Campaign Facebook page
- Profile from Wisconsin Vote
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- John Weishan.com, "Issues," accessed October 24, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Madison.com, "Election Results: Wisconsin Legislature," accessed November 4, 2014
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |