Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, North Carolina , District 8|
|High school||A.L. Brown High School|
|Bachelor's||University of North Carolina at Charlotte|
|Master's||Wake Forest University|
|Ph.D.||Wake Forest University Bowman Gray School of Medicine (M.D.)|
|Other||Specialty Degree in Neurosurgery - Medical College of Georgia|
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in North Carolina in 2012 as one of the states that could determine whether Democrats would retake the House or Republicans would hold their majority in 2013. North Carolina was rated 8th on the list.
The primary took place on May 8, 2012.
AdsIn March 2012, Whitley released a 30-second campaign ad criticizing the health care reform law.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term John + Whitley + North Carolina + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
As of April 18, 2012, Whitley had raised $217,807 during the 2012 election cycle and spent $194,309, leaving him with $23,498 cash on hand. Of that, 89 percent came from candidate self-financing, while 11 percent came form individual contributions.
- ↑ Roll Call Neurosurgeon joins crowded field in N.C. House race January 13, 2012
- ↑ North Carolina State Board of Elections "Primary Election Results" Accessed May 9, 2012.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Washington Post "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012" Accessed April 25, 2012
- ↑ North Carolina State Board of Elections "2012 Primary Results" Accessed October 10, 2012
- ↑ opensecrets.org Accessed May 5, 2012