John Wilson (Kansas)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 10|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Wilson served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Children and Seniors|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
Wilson's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- RESTORE CUTS TO PUBLIC EDUCATION
- Excerpt: "Our children deserve to go to excellent and safe schools, but the Kansas Legislature has failed to make education a priority. Kansas spends the same today as we did 11 years ago, and Governor Brownbacks actions and Republican votes have meant increased class sizes and the laying off of quality teachers. I believe the best way to improve our economy and strengthen our state is to improve our public schools. Businesses want to hire skilled workers and talented people need good paying jobs. That's why I support Kansas Kids First, a multi-year plan to responsibly restore funding cuts while also reducing property taxes."
- CREATE A FAIRER TAX CODE
- Excerpt: "Everyone needs to pay their fair share of the tax burden. We need to set better priorities and be more financially responsible. Last spring, Governor Brownback signed a tax bill knowing it would cause immediate budget shortfalls that could only be made up by massive cuts to public schools and increases in property taxes."
- REVIVE THE KANSAS ECONOMY
- Excerpt: "It’s time to we do more to help families who work hard and play by the rules. Simply cutting taxes for big corporations will not create new jobs. I support measures that will actually get Kansans off the unemployment rolls and onto a payroll: Targeted investments in transportation and education, improved job training and technical education, investments in biosciences and alternative energy, and incentives for small businesses."
Elections for the office of Kansas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent John Wilson was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Nicolas VanWyhe was unopposed in the Republican primary. Wilson faces VanWyhe in the general election.
Wilson won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 10. Wilson ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Erica Anderson (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 10, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||John Wilson Incumbent||60.6%||6,047|
Comprehensive donor information for Wilson is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Wilson raised a total of $22,335 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 12, 2013.
|John Wilson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 10||$22,335|
|Grand Total Raised||$22,335|
2012Wilson won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Wilson raised a total of $22,335.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Wilson (Kansas)'s campaign in 2012|
|Kansas National Education Association||$1,000|
|Pierce, John & Ardith||$1,000|
|Iamaw District 70||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$22,335|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
John Wilson received a score of 46.0% in the 2013 index.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term John + Wilson + Kansas + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Kansas state legislative districts
- Kansas State Legislature
- Kansas Legislature - Representative John Wilson
- Profile from Open States
- Official Campaign Website
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- John Wilson for Kansas, "Issues," accessed July 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2014 General (unofficial)," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Wilson, John," accessed June 12, 2013
- Kansas Policy Institute, "Freedom Index," accessed March 31, 2014
- 2013 Kansas Policy Index
Terri Lois Gregory (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 10
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |