|U.S. House, California, District 43|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
is a 2014 Republican
candidate seeking election to the U.S. House
to represent the 43rd Congressional District
Wood is a writer and musician. Additionally, he has worked in marketing, the legal and medical industries and politics.
Wood's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Transforming our Politics: "In 2008, President Barack Obama ran a political campaign that called on the better angels of our nature. He inspired us with a message of hope and change. But sadly, due to the egotism and intransigence of Democrats and Republicans alike, American politics have remained mired in division and dysfunction."
- Transforming the American Economy: "With the national unemployment rate standing at 7.7% (that’s 12 million Americans unemployed), 9.5 % in California and 10.6% in Los Angeles with even greater joblessness in the Latino and particularly the African-American community (almost 20% last year in Los Angeles) we are seeing the great lakes of economic opportunity in this country drying up before our eyes."
- Social Safety Net to Social Spring Board: "Of the more than $3.5 trillion the federal government will spend this year, more than 2 trillion dollars worth of that will come out of mandatory spending: these are programs designed to spent upon automatically when people become qualified to receive benefits and services through them, such as welfare, unemployment, Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security."
- Advancing Healthcare: "There is no more contentious issue in American politics today than the issue of healthcare reform, and that for a multitude of reasons. Healthcare is too expensive, both for consumers and for government. It breaks the budgets of states and families, and its expensiveness has life wrecking consequences for those who can’t afford it."
- Streamlining Immigration: "That the United States of America reform her immigration system is of vital importance, both to the American people and to those immigrants who, often times for the most understandable of reasons, have come here illegally."
—John Wood's campaign website, http://www.wood2014.com/issues/
- See also: California's 43rd Congressional District elections, 2014
Wood is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 43rd District. He and incumbent Maxine Waters (D) advanced past the blanket primary on June 3, 2014, unopposed. They will face off in the general election on November 4, 2014.
Wood and lives in Los Angeles with his wife and son.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Wood + California + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
John Wood News Feed
- ↑ Campaign website, accessed February 6, 2014
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Campaign website, "Meet John," accessed April 25, 2014
- ↑ Campaign website, "Issues," accessed April 25, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- ↑ The New York Times, "California Primary Results," June 3, 2014