|Utah House of Representatives District 34|
|2009 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||5|
|Per diem||$95/day (lodging) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Phoenix|
|Profession||Small business owner|
- 1 Committee assignments
- 2 Issues
- 3 Elections
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Scorecards
- 6 Recent news
- 7 External links
- 8 References
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Anderson served on the following committees:
|Utah Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Business and Labor|
|• Transportation, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Anderson served on the following committees:
|Utah Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Political Subdivisions|
|• Transportation, Vice-chair|
Anderson's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "There are a number of traditional values I hold but don’t list as my primary issues. Among these are my belief in marriage between a man and a woman, the right to life, the right to bear arms, the right to own property, the right to free speech and religion, limited government, and the balance of power between the federal government branches as well as between the state and federal levels."
- Excerpt: "I believe our streets should be safe and our quality of life defended. I make sure that we are not ignored or overlooked by state government."
- Excerpt: "I will make certain that your voice is heard on Utah’s Capitol Hill to assure fair allocation of funds for Westside projects."
- Excerpt: "I recognize the need for better educational outcomes. We must eliminate wasteful spending and reinvest those dollars in the classroom and in programs that work"
- Excerpt: "In addition, our state government needs to live within its means. We do not need to go further into debt to try and build a utopian society right now. We can expand our infrastructure when we have the money to pay for it."
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Karen Kwan was unopposed in the Democratic convention. Incumbent Johnny Anderson was unopposed in the Republican convention. Kwan and Anderson will face off in the general election. Dean Campbell (D) withdrew before the primary.
Anderson won re-election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 34. Anderson was unopposed in the June 26 Republican primary and defeated Celina Milner (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 34, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Johnny Anderson Incumbent||53.4%||6,255|
|Utah House of Representatives, District 34 General Election (2010)|
|Johnny Anderson (R)||3,989|
|Clover Meaders (D)||2,426|
Comprehensive donor information for Anderson is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Anderson raised a total of $76,592 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 15, 2013.
|Johnny Anderson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Utah State House, District 34||$42,288|
|2010||Utah State House, District 34||$34,304|
|Grand Total Raised||$76,592|
2012Anderson won re-election to the Utah House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Anderson raised a total of $42,288.
|Utah House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Johnny Anderson's campaign in 2012|
|Utah House Republican Elections Cmte||$9,000|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$4,000|
|Salt Lake County Republican Party||$3,419|
|Reagan Outdoor Advertising||$2,469|
|Utah League Of Credit Unions||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$42,288|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Anderson won election to the Utah House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Anderson raised a total of $34,304.
|Utah House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Johnny Anderson's campaign in 2010|
|Utah House Republican Elections Cmte||$4,500|
|Reagan Outdoor Advertising||$1,000|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$1,000|
|David L Clark Campaign Account||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$34,304|
|Source:Follow the Money|
The Libertas Institute Index
The Libertas Institute is a libertarian-leaning think tank located in Utah. Each year the organization releases a Legislative Index for Utah State Representatives and Senators.
Johnny Anderson received an index rating of 81%.
Johnny Anderson received an index rating of 60%.
Johnny Anderson received an index rating of 57%.
Johnny Anderson received an index rating of 40%.
The Sutherland Institute Scorecard
The Sutherland Institute, "a conservative public policy think tank" in Utah, releases its Scorecard for Utah State Representatives and Senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Sutherland Institute thought were pro-conservative policies.
Johnny Anderson received a score of 64% in the 2012 scorecard.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Johnny + Anderson + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah House of Representatives - Rep. Johnny Anderson
- http://openstates.org/ut/legislators/UTL000030/johnny-anderson/ Profile from Open States]
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- vote4johnny, "Official Campaign Website," accessed March 29, 2014
- Utah Lieutenant Governor, "2014 Candidate Filings," accessed March 22, 2014
- Lieutenant Governor's Office, "Utah 2012 candidate filings," accessed March 29, 2014
- Utah Election Results, "Utah House of Representatives election results," accessed March 29, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Anderson, Johnny," accessed June 15, 2013
- Libertas Institute, "Legislator Indexes," accessed January 21, 2014
- Sutherland Institute, "2012 Legislative Session," accessed March 29, 2014
- Sutherland Institute, "Legislative Socrecard," accessed March 29, 2014
|Utah House of Representatives District 34
| Succeeded by|