For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Indiana State Senate, District 38|
|November 5, 2014 - Present|
|November 6, 2018|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
Ford's professional experience includes working as the president of All-State Manufacturing.
Ford's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- See also: Indiana State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Indiana State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Tim Skinner was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Jon Ford defeated John D. Carson in the Republican primary. Ford defeated Skinner in the general election.
|Indiana State Senate District 38, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Tim Skinner Incumbent||48.1%||12,580|
|Indiana State Senate, District 38 Republican Primary, 2014|
|John D. Carson||48.3%||2,374|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jon + Ford + Indiana + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Indiana State Legislature
- Indiana State Senate
- Indiana Senate Committees
- Indiana state legislative districts
- Indiana State Senate - Senator Jon Ford
- Official campaign website
- Jon Ford on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official candidate list
- Profile from Open States
- Jon Ford, "About Jon Ford," accessed April 23, 2014
- Jon Ford, "Why," accessed April 23, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
Timothy Skinner (R)
|Indiana State Senate District 38
| Succeeded by|