Jon Gregory Bass
|Jon Greg Bass|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 2|
|Bachelor's||High Point College, 1972|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||3|
|Date of birth||06/07/1947|
|Place of birth||Cleveland, TN|
Bass earned his B.A. in History from High Point College in 1972. His professional experience includes working as an executive manager in the automotive industry and as a lending officer in banking. He served as a Staff Sergeant in the United States Air Force from 1967-1970.
Bass' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "I am a true super conservative."
- "I support our Vets and Troops."
- "I am for Term and Age Limits."
- "I have owned and operated my own business."
- "NO contributions, please."
- "As a Republic we practice: law, medicine and democracy."
- "Republicans want to save the Republic. Lincoln knew that and so do I."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Larry Yarborough defeated Sandra Hendrick Berry and Jon Gregory Bass in the Republican primary, while Ray Jeffers defeated Brent Groce and Dalton Huff in the Democratic primary. Yarborough defeated Jeffers in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 2 General Election, 2014|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 2 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Sandra Hendrick Berry||18.4%||483|
|Jon Gregory Bass||14.8%||388|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 2 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 2 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Jon Gregory Bass||41.1%||1,969|
Bass and his wife, Ruth, have two chidren, Jon and Letitia.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jon + Greg + Bass + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 2
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Jon Bass on YouTube
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official primary candidate list
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official general election candidate list
- jongregorybass.com, "Bio," accessed April 17, 2014(Archived)
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |