|Missouri Director of Agriculture|
|2009 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Gov. Jay Nixon|
|Bachelor's||Truman State University|
|Master's||University of Missouri-Columbia|
|Ph.D.||Washington University in St. Louis|
|Place of birth||Dent County|
Hagler was raised in Dent County, a rural region of Missouri where he learned how to raise cattle and horses. He attended Truman State University for his undergraduate studies, graduating summa cum laude. He later earned a master’s degree and a PhD in political science from the University of Missouri-Columbia and Washington University in St. Louis, respectively.
According to his office biography, Hagler's professional experience includes work in corporate research, government affairs, and international outreach for California State Polytechnic University-Pomona and development for University of Missouri-Rolla. Prior to his appointment to statewide office, Hagler was heavily involved in the State Legislature. He helped draft several laws concerning the state agriculture industry, including the grain dealer law and the southern dairy compact. Hagler's involvement in the state legislature was not limited to agricultural matters. He served as Chief of Staff to Speaker of the House and Speaker Pro Tem, and as a research analyst in the Missouri Senate.
- Bachelor's degree - Truman State University
- Master's degree in political science - University of Missouri-Columbia
- PhD. in political science - Washington University in St. Louis
Missouri Director of Agriculture (2009-2013)
Hagler was appointed by Gov. Jay Nixon in 2009 to head the Missouri Department of Agriculture. The department sets agriculture policy and provides assistance to farmers throughout the state. Its duties include consumer protection, public health roles, environmental advocacy, agricultural marketing, public information and awareness, and promoting new technology and new uses for Missouri’s agricultural goods.
Comprehensive donor information for Hagler is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Hagler raised a total of $139,823 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 12, 2013.
|Jon Hagler's Campaign Contribution History|
|2004||Missouri State House District 149||$33,133|
|2000||Missouri State House District 149||$106,690|
|Grand Total Raised||$139,823|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jon + Hagler + Missouri + Agriculture"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Former Missouri agriculture chief faces scrutiny - STLtoday.com
- Criticism of Missouri agriculture chief doesn't match track record - STLtoday.com
- Missouri House probes of former Nixon officials could overshadow new session - St. Louis Beacon
- Mo. speaker picks 10 Republicans, 5 Democrats for panel reviewing ... - The Republic
- Mo legislature to investigate alleged "hostile working environment" in Nixon ... - South County Mail
- Legislature to investigate alleged 'hostile working environment' in Nixon ... - El Dorado Springs Sun
- Crawford tapped for committee - Lebanon Daily Record
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Missouri Director of Agriculture
- Agriculture Commissioner
- Governor of Missouri
- Current Governor of Missouri Jay Nixon
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Missouri Department of Argiculture, "Dr. Jon Hagler, Director," accessed January 25, 2013
- ↑ The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, "Hagler replaced as director Mo. agriculture agency," October 11, 2013
- ↑ Missouri Department of Agriculture, "About MDA," accessed October 1, 2011
- ↑ Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Jon Hagler," accessed July 12, 2013
|Missouri Director of Agriculture
| Succeeded by|