|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 19|
|January 5, 2015 - present|
|January 1, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
Brostoff's professional experience includes working as a district director for Senate Democratic Leader Chris Larson, as a legislative aide to Milwaukee County supervisor Jason Haas, and serving on the board of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Wisconsin.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Brostoff served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Mental Health Reform|
|• State Affairs and Government Operations|
|• Ways and Means|
|• Financial Institutions|
|• Aging and Long-Term Care|
Brostoff's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "We need to focus our efforts on promoting small business development, community empowerment, and innovative environmental technologies to foster growth in Wisconsin’s economy."
Reinvesting in Public Education
- Excerpt: "The Voucher Tax on Milwaukee has not worked, and it is time to put this failed experiment to an end."
Transit in Milwaukee
- Excerpt: "We need to provide dedicated funding for transit that is linked to job growth, regionalize transit service, planning and governance, and link transportation investment decisions to key urban development goals."
- Excerpt: "One of my top priorities will be to put an end to partisan redistricting in Wisconsin and bring back the traditional Wisconsin values that have been under attack because of the extreme nature of current state politics."
Voting Rights in Wisconsin
- Excerpt: "The reason behind the recent push to change our open, democratic voting laws is transparently partisan and it is unacceptable."
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for all 99 seats in the Wisconsin State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Jonathan Brostoff defeated Marina Dimitrijevic, Dan Adams and Sara Geenen in the Democratic primary. Joseph Klein ran as a Wisconsin Pirate Party candidate. Brostoff and Klein faced off in the general election. Democrat Brostoff defeated Klein in the general election, and was elected to the seat.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 19 General Election, 2014|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 19 Democratic Primary, 2014|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, Brostoff's endorsements included the following:
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jonathan + Brostoff + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin State Assembly
- Wisconsin State Assembly Committees
- Wisconsin Joint Committees
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Profile from the Wisconsin State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Jonathan Brostoff on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Open States
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Vote Brostoff, "About," accessed July 28, 2014
- Vote Brostoff, "Issues," accessed October 24, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Canvass Results for 2014 General Election," December 1, 2014
- Vote Brostoff, "Endorsements," accessed July 28, 2014
Jon Richards (D)
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 19
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |