Jonathan D. Parrish
|Jonathan D. Parrish|
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 23|
|High school||Jefferson Forest|
Parrish’s website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Excerpt: "As your delegate, I will fight for to return school control to local communities and, more importantly, to the parents within those communities. The government's attempt to centralize our education has been costly and ineffective. The federal government solution is to throw more money and increase regulation in a system that is already broken. Local school boards should be allowed to allocate funds as they see fit. I will also defend the right of families who choose to homeschool their children."
- Ending Prosecution of Victimless Crimes
Excerpt: "As delegate, I will support any legislation that ends prosecution of victimless crimes that overcrowd our prisions [sic] and cost too much tax payer money."
- Protecting Gun Rights
Excerpt: "As delegate, I will fight against any and all laws that support gun control, including state or national gun registration."
Excerpt: "As delegate, I support repealing the state income tax."
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 23 General Election, 2013|
|Republican||T. Scott Garrett Incumbent||75.5%||17,080|
|Libertarian||Jonathan D. Parrish||22.3%||5,058|
Parrish is married and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jonathan + Parrish + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Campaign Twitter page
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Vote VA profile
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "2013 Official Candidates List for House of Delegates by District", Accessed July 11, 2013
- Parrish For Delegate - Facebook, "About," accessed August 29, 2013
- Parrish For Delegate, "About Jonathan," accessed August 29, 2013
- Parrish For Delegate, "On The Issues," accessed August 29, 2013
- Virginia Board of Elections, “Official Results - 2013 General Election," accessed December 2, 2013
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |