|Alaska House of Representatives District 34|
|January 28, 2013 - present|
|January 26, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kreiss-Tomkins served on the following committees:
|Alaska Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• State Affairs|
Elections for the office of Alaska House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 19, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. District 34 incumbent Jonathan Kreiss-Tomkins was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Steven A. Samuelson was unopposed in the Republican primary. Kreiss-Tomkins will face Samuelson in the general election.
Kreiss-Tomkins ran in the 2012 election for Alaska House of Representatives District 34. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 28, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Kreiss-Tomkins won in the general election.
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 34, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||William A. Thomas Incumbent||49.7%||4,091|
Comprehensive donor information for Kreiss-Tomkins is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kreiss-Tomkins raised a total of $70,764 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 2, 2013.
|Jonathan Kreiss-Tomkins's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Alaska State House, District 34||$70,764|
|Grand Total Raised||$70,764|
2012Kreiss-Tomkins won election to the Alaska House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Kreiss-Tomkins raised a total of $70,764.
|Alaska House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jonathan Kreiss-Tomkins's campaign in 2012|
|Alaska Democratic Party||$5,300|
|Democratic Party of Alaska District 2 Democrats||$4,000|
|Alaska State Employees Association Local 52||$1,750|
|Southeast Alaska Seiners||$1,000|
|Public Safety Employees Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$70,764|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 28th Alaska State Legislature was in session from January 21 to April 20.
- Legislators are scored on "how supportive they are of Alaska’s private business sector."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jonathan + Kreiss-Tomkins + Alaska + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alaska State Legislature
- Alaska House of Representatives
- Alaska House Committees
- Alaska House of Representatives District 34
- Alaska State Legislature - Representative Jonathan Kreiss-Tomkins
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 4, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed August 20, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed September 11, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Election Division, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed November 16, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Kreiss-Tomkins, Jonathan S," accessed August 2, 2013
- Alaska Business Report Card, "About ABRC," accessed September 11, 2014
|Alaska House of Representatives District 34
| Succeeded by|