Jonathan Turner Smith
|U.S. House, California, District 34|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||Texas Tech University|
|Other||The California State University|
- Baylor University, B.S. Secondary Education and Teaching, 1975
- Texas Tech University, M.A. Theater and Education, 2000
- California State University, Los Angeles, California Language Acquisition and Development Certificate, 2002
Smith supports the following issues:
- Congressional pay: "The first action of the 2015 Congressional Session should be to pass a Law/Act that stipulates that no Congressperson receive pay during a government shutdown nor receive reimbursement after said shutdown."
- Immigration: "I strongly believe that there should be a pathway to citizenship...However, any undocumented immigrant who commits a felony or is affiliated with any gang should be immediately sent home to their country of origin. I also believe that our borders must not only be enforced, but reinforced as well. In these times of world-wide terrorism, our borders must serve as a barrier to stop those who would do our nation great harm."
- Veterans: "Congress recently cut benefits to veteran pensions – the very men and women who have put their lives on the line in the battlefield for you and me. This is disgraceful. Our brave veterans are treated as second class citizens in this country and that must change. This is not a party issue, but a humane one."
Smith is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 34th District. Smith is running as an Independent write-in candidate. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jonathan + Smith + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- California's 34th Congressional District elections, 2014
- California's 34th Congressional District
- [Info submitted to Ballotpedia by candidate]
- Jonathan Turner Smith for Congress: "About Jonathan," accessed January 12, 2014
- LinkedIn "Jonathan Turner Smith," accessed January 12, 2014
- Jonathan Turner Smith for Congress: "Issues," accessed January 12, 2014
- Information submitted on Ballotpedia’s biographical information submission form on January 2, 2014