|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Second Worcester District|
|January 5, 2013 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||May 7, 1990|
|Place of birth||Gardner, Massachusetts|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Zlotnik served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Personnel and Administration|
|• Community Development and Small Business Joint|
|• Education Joint|
Zlotnik's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I would work to maintain that the local administration has every tool in the state arsenal to put economic development back on track in the area."
- Excerpt: "We don’t want to squeeze the budgets of constituents who wish to buy food or clothes, and to subsequently cause a constriction of the flow of money in the area. We want residents buying locally, and we want others to come to the area to buy as well, and this can only be done by incentivizing new business, as well as incentivizing spending through a lower sales tax."
- Excerpt: "I will make sure to bring in State and Federal money to the district to ensure that this continues well into the future."
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on September 9, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Jonathan Zlotnik was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Garret Shetrawski was unopposed in the Republican primary.
Zlotnik won election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Second Worcester District. He ran unopposed in the September 6 Democratic primary and defeated incumbent Richard Bastien (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Second Worcester District, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Richard Bastien Incumbent||49%||8,194|
Comprehensive donor information for Zlotnik is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Zlotnik raised a total of $21,095 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 20, 2013.
|Jonathan Zlotnik's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Massachusetts House, Second Worcester||$21,095|
|Grand Total Raised||$21,095|
2012Zlotnik won election to the Massachusetts House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Zlotnik raised a total of $21,095.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jonathan Zlotnik's campaign in 2012|
|Massachusetts Democratic Party||$1,300|
|Total Raised in 2012||$21,095|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Massachusetts Fiscal Alliance: 2013-2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating economically conservative policy.
- Massachusetts League of Environmental Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jonathan + Zlotnik + Massachusetts + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Jonathan Zlotnik on Facebook
- "jonzlotnik," Official Campaign Website
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 State Primary Candidates," accessed September 9, 2014
- 2012 State Primary Candidate List, "Massachusetts Secretary of State," accessed June 26, 2012
- 2012 Massachusetts Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Follow the Money, "Zlotnik, Jonathan D," accessed December 20, 2013
Richard Bastien (R)
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Sixth Essex District
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |