|Transparency grading process|
See also: Evaluation of Arkansas city websites
Last rated on July 3, 2012.
- The current budget is available.
- The Mayor's and City Council members' names and contact details are posted.
- Meeting schedules, agendas, and minutes are available.
- Administrative contact details are available on individual department webpages.
- Permit and zoning forms and codes are available.
- Open and received bids are posted.
- Revenue sources are posted in the budget. Fee schedules are available.
- Archived budget documents are not available.
- Audits are not posted.
- Current contracts are not posted.
- Information is not available on any taxpayer funded lobbying.
- Information is not available on how to file a public records request.
- Tax rates are not posted.
The FY 2012 budget by fund:
|Fund||2012 Revenues||2012 Expenditures||Difference||01/01/2012 Fund
|12/31/2012 Fund |
The City Council's duties include managing the city's finances and property, approving or disapproving an annual operating budget, approving or overriding mayoral appointments and department heads, and setting employee salaries.
The current Mayor is Harold Perrin. Legislative duties of the Mayor include presiding over meetings and vetoing ordinances adopted by the council. Administrative duties include preparing and submitting an annual budget, submitting a fiscal year State of the City report, and administering the day-to-day activities of city departments. The Mayor appoints the police and fire chiefs with no city council say. The Mayor also appoints and removes department heads, although the City Council has the authority to override the Mayor's action with a two-thirds vote.
Current elected officials include:
|Doug Reed||Council Member||1|
|Donna Jackson||City Clerk||-|
|Charles Frierson||Council Member||1|
|Gene Vance||Council Member||1|
|Dr. Charles Coleman||Council Member||2|
|Chris Moore||Council Member||2|
|Ann Williams||Council Member||3|
|Chris Gibson||Council Member||3|
|John Street||Council Member||4|
|Mitch Johnson||Council Member||4|
|Darell Dover||Council Member||5|
|Rennell Woods||Council Member||5|
|Tim McCall||Council Member||6|
|Mike Fears||Council Member||6|
A department contact directory can be found here.
See also: Arkansas state government salary
Municipal officials' salaries are set by the City Council. Salaries may be increased during an officials' term, but not decreased. The FY 2012 budget spends $18,388,173 on personnel salaries, an increase of $528,784 over the previous fiscal year.
See also: Arkansas public pensions
City pension contributions for regular employees in FY 2012 were $356,570, down $270,611 over the previous fiscal year. Police and fire city pension contributions were $1,218,561.
See also: Arkansas government sector lobbying
Transparency & public records
Information is not provided on how to file a public records request.
- Arkansas on State Budget Solutions
- Jonesboro Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Jonesboro, Arkansas, City Data
- Jonesboro, Arkansas Trip Advisor
- Arkansas State University