Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 95|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Vanessa Guerra defeated Norman Braddock in the Democratic primary. Jordan Haskins was unopposed in the Republican primary, but suspended his campaign almost a month prior following reports of his criminal history. Haskins returned to campaigning shortly after the primary, citing the passage of the withdrawal deadline and Guerra's primary victory. Guerra faces Haskins in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 95 Democratic Primary, 2014|
Until October 23, 2014, Haskins is on parole after serving time on charges of malicious destruction of property, breaking and entering, and unlawful use of a motor vehicle. The charges stemmed from two 2010 break-ins at the Saginaw County Mosquito Control, where he disconnected spark plugs on several vehicles in order to fulfill a fetish known as "cranking," where one derives sexual pleasure from hearing an engine idling, and similar incidents at a city lot and a private business in Saginaw. Haskins told The Saginaw News that his mental and emotional states were "messed-up" at the time, which he called "a whole phase... where I was young and stupid," and that his prison stint helped him to mature.
Haskins announced on July 10, 2014, that he would suspend his campaign, citing the alleged use of his criminal record against other candidates. Because the deadline to withdraw already passed, he remained a candidate in the Republican primary. Two days after the primary, Haskins announced that he would return to campaigning due to Vanessa Guerra winning the Democratic primary as well as the inability to formally remove his name from the ballot.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jordan + Haskins + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 95
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- MLive, "Jordan Haskins 'jumping back in' State House race after quitting amid publicity of his criminal past," August 7, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- MLive, "Felony convictions linked to sexual fetish 'haunt me,' Saginaw state House candidate says," June 27, 2014
- MLive, "State House candidate quits Saginaw race after felonies tied to sexual fetish surface," July 10, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |