Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, California, District 38|
|Place of birth||Los Angeles|
Robles's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "The U.S. unemployment rate rose to 9.2% in July 2011. California’s unemployment rate is now above 11%. A Los Angeles Times report indicated there would be little relief in June 2011 for those with jobs. The average weekly work hours, an important indicator of employment activity, declined by 0.1 to 34.3."
- US Debt
- Excerpt: "The United States is in trouble, we owe over 15 trillion dollars and the numbers are growing. There are negotiations by both parties in Washington, D.C. on how to tackle this problem. Some have suggested raising taxes on the wealthy, while others are planning to make cuts in entitlement programs such as Social Security and Medicare. I believe a good start in tackling the deficit is to end the wars and stop government waste"
- Excerpt: "It has been proven that low taxes spur growth into the economy. The state of Texas with no state income tax is currently creating 35% of new jobs in America. California must mirror Texas in order to bring back businesses. We must make California a “business friendly state” and by doing so we will greatly reduce the high unemployment rate in California."
- Excerpt: "The City and County of Los Angeles along with local, state and federal agencies have devoted countless man hours, resources and billions of dollars trying to deal with a problem that stems from social, economic and cultural backgrounds. There are several entities working for the same cause who are often at odds with each other. The criminal system itself has caved to political pressure often enforcing what is politically correct but not what really works."
- Excerpt: "America needs oil; more importantly the oil from the Keystone Pipeline. Until we perfect green energy America will continue to be dependent on petroleum products. Alternative fuels won’t be coming online anytime soon, certainly not enough to replace the essential role that oil plays in our economy at the present time. Building the pipeline will create jobs and reduce oil dependency on foreign countries."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jorge + Robles + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of California
|Ballot measures by year||
1910 | 1911 | 1912 | 1914 | 1915 | 1916 | 1919 | 1920 | 1922 | 1924 | 1926 | 1928 | 1930 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1942 | 1944 | 1946 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1952 | 1954 | 1956 | 1958 | 1960 | 1962 | 1964 | 1966 | 1968 | 1970 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1976 | 1978 | 1980 | 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1990 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1998 | 2000 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2006 (local) | 2008 | 2008 (local) | 2009 | 2009 (local) | 2010 | 2010 (local) | 2011 (local) | 2012 | 2012 (local) | 2014 |
|State executive offices||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary for Natural Resources | Director of Industrial Relations | President of Public Utilities |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
California school districts A - L |
California school districts M - Z |