|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 43|
Aliaga's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Mr. Aliaga personally experienced horrific road hazard this past winter and knows the need to repair Michigan’s roads and infrastructure. This will benefit Michigan families, workers, and businesses alike. Jose Aliaga is also dedicated to examining the road funding formula and holding contractors accountable to ensure your tax dollars are being spent efficiently."
- Excerpt: "As an educator, Jose Aliaga knows the need to invest in pre-Kindergarten, K-12, and higher-educational opportunities, so that quality education is accessible to all and affordable for students and families."
Western Oakland County Economic Comeback
- Excerpt: "As a representative of the people in our community, Mr. Aliaga will be most effective in Lansing to bring a hospital to fruition and bring economic balance to property values and secure 1000s of jobs within the community, not to mention the $400 Million that will be spent in the area."
Protecting The Under-Served
- Excerpt: "Decisions made about the economy, education, health care, and other issues have real effects on families in our community. Jose Aliaga is particularly concerned about protecting the under-served – our seniors, children, veterans, and the disabled – and ensuring their voices are heard in Lansing."
- Excerpt: "Taxes for businesses and individuals should be low. Low taxes on businesses promote economic growth. I will not support an increase in net taxes."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Dennis Ritter defeated Neil Billington and Robin McGregor in the Democratic primary. Jim Tedder defeated Jose Aliaga, Paul Greenawalt, Nate Knapper and Andrea Schroeder in the Republican primary. Tedder defeated Ritter in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 43 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 43 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 43 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Aliaga's endorsements included the following:
- Dr. James O’Neill, Founder, Clarkston Medical Group
- Fran Amos, Former State Representative, 43rd District
- Sue Camilleri, Clerk, Waterford Township
- Karen Joliat, Trustee, Waterford Township
- Ronna Romney McDaniel
- George Romney Jr.
- Jack Hoogendyk, Former State Representative, 61st District
- Jack Kirksey, Mayor of Livonia
- Virginia Poehlman, Former Member, Waterford School Board
- Kurt Richardson, Clarkston Wolves Football Team Coach, “State Champion 2013″
- Dave Smith, Former Member, Waterford School Board
- David Wilhelmsen, President, Hillsdale College Student Govermnent
- JoAn McCrary, Former Clerk, Independence Township
- Curt Carson, Former Independence Township Treasurer
- Terry Fortuna, Lake Angelus Police Officer
- Tanya Robin, Clarkston Resident
- Mandi Hanel, Waterford Resident
- Dr. Bob Hallett, Delegate, Independence Township
- Anne Clifton, Former City Councilwoman, Clarkston Village
- Dennis Storrs, Former Chief, Waterford Fire Department
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jose + Aliaga + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 43
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Jose Aliaga on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- ja4mi.com, "Issues," accessed July 29, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- ja4mi.com, "Endorsements," accessed July 29, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |