Joseph A. Toepke
|Joseph A. Toepke|
|Board member, Columbia Public Schools School Board, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||April 8, 2014|
|Profession||Human resource manager|
Joseph A. Toepke is a human resources manager that has served in this role with the United States Army.
- See also: Columbia Public Schools elections (2014)
|Columbia Public Schools, At-Large General Election, 3-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Helen Wade Incumbent||32%||8,143|
|Nonpartisan||Jonathan Sessions Incumbent||29.5%||7,508|
|Nonpartisan||Joseph A. Toepke||16.8%||4,288|
|Source: Show Me Boone, "Summary Report," April 11, 2014|
Toepke did not report any campaign contributions or expenditures to the Missouri Ethics Commission.
Toepke did not receive any official endorsements for his campaign.
What was at stake?
Three seats on the school board were up for election on April 8, 2014. Incumbents Jonathan Sessions and Helen Wade faced two challengers.
About the district
- See also: Columbia Public Schools, Missouri
Boone County outperformed the rest of Missouri in terms of higher education achievement in 2013. The United States Census Bureau found that 47.3 percent of Boone County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.2 percent for Missouri as a whole. The median household income in Boone County was $48,627 compared to $47,380 for the state of Missouri. The poverty rate in Boone County was 20.0 percent compared to 15.5 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joseph + Toepke + Columbia + Public + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- LinkedIn.com, "Joe Toepke," accessed February 18, 2014
- Missouri Ethics Commission, "Candidate Information," accessed February 13, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- United States Census Bureau, "Boone County, Missouri," accessed February 3, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 22, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Missouri Election Results," accessed January 23, 2015
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Columbia Public Schools Elections|
|Election date:||April 8, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Paul Cushing • Incumbent, Jonathan Sessions • Joseph A. Toepke • Incumbent, Helen Wade|
|Important information:||What was at stake? • Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|