|Pennsylvania State House District 133|
|2007 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Moravian College, 1986|
|Place of birth||Lehigh County, PA|
Brennan earned his B.A. form Moravian College in 1986. His professional experience includes his work as Chief of Staff for Pennsylvania Representative T.J. Rooney.
Brennan served as an At-Large Member of the Northampton City Council from 1998 to 2002.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Brennan served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Brennan served on these committees:
- Consumer Affairs Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives, Secretary
- Gaming Oversight Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Judiciary Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Liquor Control Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Brennan ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 133. Brennan ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on April 24 but withdrew prior to the November 6 general election.  Daniel McNeill replaced him on the general election ballot.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 133|
|Joseph Brennan (D)||7,923||62.5%|
|David Molony (R)||4,764||37.6%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 133|
|Joseph F. Brennan (D)||17,157||88.1%|
|Guy M. Gray (G)||2,326||11.9%|
In 2010, Brennan received $77,939 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joseph Brennan's campaign in 2010|
|Pennsylvania Democratic Party||$10,856|
|Rooney, T J||$3,000|
|Friends Of John Callahan||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$77,939|
Brennan and his wife, Norma Jane, have two children.
When Brennan was arrested on June 22, 2011, he had a blood-alcohol level of 0.30 - almost four times over the legal limit. He faces charges of drunken driving, careless driving and public drunkenness. He waived a preliminary hearing in early August 2011, but his attorney has said that Brennan has completed a 30-day inpatient rehabilitation program.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Joseph + Brennan + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Judge Delays Lubicon Hearing For Application To Get Blockade To Move - Huffington Post Canada
- Sources: A.G. Kane mulls U.S. Senate run - Philly.com
- 15 Memorable Things About PSU's Rec Hall - Wolverine Insider (subscription)
- Our Social Networks - Scranton Times-Tribune
- Food calendar: Make a gingerbread house, cookies and food gifts for the holidays - Washington Post
- Voters in Swing State of Ohio Express Disappointment with President, Congress - Wall Street Journal
- Middle America assails Washington machine as indifferent and 'above us' - NBCNews.com
- Communities celebrate the holidays with parade, lights, music and more - The Reporter
- List of people charged during Cortland's Cortaca Jug party - Syracuse.com
- Your December calendar - Pocono Record
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Joseph Brennan
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Pennsylvania Department of State, Official Primary Results
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List In Ballot Order," March 26, 2012
- 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- Official 2008 state house election results from the Pennsylvania Department of State
- Follow the Money - 2010 donations
- PennLive.com, "Drunken Pa. lawmaker was almost 4X over legal limit, police say," August 2, 2011
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 133
| Succeeded by|
Daniel McNeill (D)
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |