|Pennsylvania State House District 133|
|2007 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Moravian College, 1986|
|Place of birth||Lehigh County, PA|
Brennan earned his B.A. form Moravian College in 1986. His professional experience includes his work as Chief of Staff for Pennsylvania Representative T.J. Rooney.
Brennan served as an At-Large Member of the Northampton City Council from 1998 to 2002.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Brennan served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Brennan served on these committees:
- Consumer Affairs Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives, Secretary
- Gaming Oversight Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Judiciary Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Liquor Control Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Brennan ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 133. Brennan ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on April 24 but withdrew prior to the November 6 general election.  Daniel McNeill replaced him on the general election ballot.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 133|
|Joseph Brennan (D)||7,923||62.5%|
|David Molony (R)||4,764||37.6%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 133|
|Joseph F. Brennan (D)||17,157||88.1%|
|Guy M. Gray (G)||2,326||11.9%|
In 2010, Brennan received $77,939 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joseph Brennan's campaign in 2010|
|Pennsylvania Democratic Party||$10,856|
|Rooney, T J||$3,000|
|Friends Of John Callahan||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$77,939|
Brennan and his wife, Norma Jane, have two children.
When Brennan was arrested on June 22, 2011, he had a blood-alcohol level of 0.30 - almost four times over the legal limit. He faces charges of drunken driving, careless driving and public drunkenness. He waived a preliminary hearing in early August 2011, but his attorney has said that Brennan has completed a 30-day inpatient rehabilitation program.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Joseph + Brennan + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Joseph Brennan
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," April 15, 2014
- 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official 2008 General Election Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money - 2010 donations
- PennLive.com, "Drunken Pa. lawmaker was almost 4X over legal limit, police say," August 2, 2011
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 133
| Succeeded by|
Daniel McNeill (D)
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |