Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Maine House of Representatives, District 42|
|December 5, 2012-December 3, 2014|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session), $10,082/year (second regular session)|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Date of birth||February 24, 1942|
|Place of birth||Brewer, Maine|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Brooks served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
Elections for the office of Maine House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the general election was September 22, 2014. District 41 incumbent James Gillway was unopposed in the Republican primary. District 42 incumbent Joseph Brooks ran for re-election as an unaffiliated candidate. Gillway defeated Brooks in the general election.
|Maine House of Representatives District 98, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||James Gillway Incumbent||55.5%||2,288|
|Independent||Joseph Brooks Incumbent||39.1%||1,613|
Brooks won election in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 42. He ran as an Independent candidate and defeated Leo LaChance (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 42, General Election, 2012|
Brooks' opponents in the November 2 general election were Republican candidate Peter Rioux, and Green candidate Kenneth Cole. Rioux defeated Brooks and Cole in the November 2 general election. Republican incumbent Michael Thibodeau did not run for re-election, although he was eligible to do so under Maine's term limits.
Comprehensive donor information for Brooks is available dating back to 1996. Based on available campaign finance records, Brooks raised a total of $43,012 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 13, 2013.
|Joseph Brooks's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State House, District 42||$4,495|
|2010||Maine State House, District 42||$4,801|
|2006||Maine State House, District 42||$2,004|
|2004||Maine State House, District 42||$5,930|
|2002||Maine State Senate, District 11||$7,148|
|2000||Maine State House, District 107||$6,926|
|1998||Maine State House, District 107||$6,435|
|1996||Maine State House, District 107||$5,273|
|Grand Total Raised||$43,012|
2012Brooks won election to the Maine House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Brooks raised a total of $4,495.
|Maine House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joseph Brooks's campaign in 2012|
|Peirce, William C||$100|
|Olver, William M||$100|
|Logan, John F||$100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$4,495|
|Source: Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joseph + Brooks + Maine + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Maine state legislative districts
- Maine House of Representatives - Rep. Joseph Brooks
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," accessed May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," accessed June 2, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election - November 4, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State - Independent candidate list
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2010 Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Brooks, Joseph E," accessed September 13, 2013
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |
Michael Thibodeau (R)
|Maine House of Representatives District 42
| Succeeded by|
Peter Rioux (I)