|New York Senate District 47|
|2007 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||7|
|Per diem||$171/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 7, 2006|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Mayor of Rome, New York|
|Bachelor's||State University of New York, Brockport|
Griffo was a County Executive for Oneida County. He was then a County Legislator for Oneida County from 1989 to 1991. He also served as Mayor of the City of Rome, New York, from 1991 to 2002.
Griffo earned his B.A. in Political Science from the State University of New York at Brockport in 1978. His professional experience includes working as an intern for New York Assemblyman James Hurley, as an administrative assistant and as Director of Community Relations for the City of Rome.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Griffo served on the following committees:
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Griffo served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Griffo served on these committees:
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2012
Griffo ran in the 2012 election for New York State Senate District 47. Griffo ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. Griffo was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Senate, District 47, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Joseph Griffo Incumbent||100%||81,429|
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2010
|New York State Senate, General Election Results, District 47 (2010)|
|Joseph Griffo (R)||55,909|
|Michael Hennessy (D)||25,525|
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2012
On November 4, 2008,, Joseph Griffo won the election for New York State Senate, District 47 with 66,204 votes.
Griffo raised $144,995 for his campaign.
|New York State Senate, District 47 (2008)|
|Joseph Griffo (R)||66,204|
|Michael Boncella (WOR)||8,562|
Comprehensive donor information for Joseph Griffo is available dating back to 2006. Based on available campaign finance records, Joseph Griffo raised a total of $1,223,709 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 23, 2013.
|Joseph Griffo's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New York State Senate, District 47||$177,474|
|2010||New York State Senate, District 47||$235,987|
|2008||New York State Senate, District 47||$144,995|
|2006||New York State Senate, District 47||$665,253|
|Grand Total Raised||$1,223,709|
2012Joseph Griffo won re-election to the New York State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Joseph Griffo raised a total of $177,474.
|New York State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joseph Griffo's campaign in 2012|
|New York State Correctional Officers||$5,000|
|International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$5,000|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$4,000|
|New York Bankers Association||$3,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$177,474|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Listed below are the largest contributors to Griffo's 2010 campaign.
|New York State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joseph Griffo's campaign in 2010|
|Friends of Betty Little||$9,500|
|Friends for the Election of Dean Skelos||$9,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$235,987|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Joseph Griffo's 2008 campaign.
|New York State United Teachers||$5,590|
|Friends for the Election of Dean Skelos||$5,000|
|Senate Republican Campaign CMTE of New York||$5,000|
|New York State Restaurant Association||$4,160|
|1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East||$4,000|
Griffo has a wife, Lorraine.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Joseph + Griffo + New York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sen. Griffo, saying 2200 regulations hurt business, sponsors bill to review ... - North Country Now
- Bill to consolidate primary elections in New York moves to the Senate - WatertownDailyTimes.com
- Rome receives money for Dominick Street renovation - The Rome Observer
- State Budget Address coming Tuesday - Utica Observer Dispatch
- With new session here, Legislature braces for another MMA fight - Legislative Gazette
- Legalizing marijuana not a priority among St. Lawrence County representatives ... - North Country Now
- St. Lawrence County representatives supportive of Gov. Cuomo's call for tax ... - North Country Now
- Region formulating battle plan for emergency, cybersecurity college - Utica Observer Dispatch
- Alcoa closure plans spark state's ire - Albany Times Union
- Councilman Scherz Ceremonial Swearing In Held, Official Swearing In Scheduled - Madison County Courier
- Joseph Griffo's official campaign website
- Official New York State Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 14, 2012.
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- 2008 Follow the Money's report on Joseph's 2008 campaign contributions
- followthemoney.org, "Sharer, William" Accessed September 23, 2013
- Follow the Money "Griffo's 2010 Campaign contributions
|New York State Senate District 47
| Succeeded by|