New York State Senate, District 29
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2010
Mendola's campaign website lists three main issues:
- St. Vincent's Hospital: "As we all know, this mainstay of healthcare for our community was forced to close a few months ago. St. Vincent's had been part of my family history for many years...we had a relative who was a Sister or Charity and ministered as a nurse at St. Vincent's back in the 1930s. The hospital never refused to care for anyone. It was the first line of defense against AIDS in the 1980s and countless outbreaks of various diseases as NYC matured throughout the 20th century."
- Sty Town: "Recently, the creditors of the complex have taken over as owners, generating a great deal of uncertainty about the future of the complex. This is one of our community's last bastions of middle class life, and it is quickly disappearing."
- The Soda Tax: "Mr. Duane has never met a tax he doesn't like and the soda tax is no exception. What he really wants to do is penalize you if you chose to consume a beverage which he has deemed to be unhealthy. He does not believe you can make your own decision about your diet and caloric intake."
- BA Political Science, Fordham University, 1984
- JD, Columbia Law School, 1987
- "Beginning in 1997, I have served as a Chief Compliance Officer and Counsel for FINRA (NASD) registered broker-dealers and SEC registered investment advisers. I have worked with public and private auditors, including the SEC, FINRA, the CFTC, the NFA and the City of New York to ensure that trade processes and the management of assets are fair, abide by the rules and are conducted in a transparent manner. I hold securities industry licenses Series 3, 4, 7, 8, 14, 24, 27, 55, 63 and 65 , all of which are recognized as allowing me to serve as a manager, compliance specialist and financial principal for firms that trade securities and manage assets."
- Official campaign website
- Official candidate facebook profile
- Official campaign twitter page
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Transportation Alternatives Candidate Survey
- Imagine Election profile