Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Twenty-Third Middlesex District|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||September 1, 1947|
Monju's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Joe believes in a limited state and federal government, and in putting control back into the hands of local citizens."
- Excerpt: "Joe is opposed to the current over-reach by both the state and federal government."
Size Of Government
- Excerpt: "Joe supports a limited state government, one that leaves local decisions up to the cities and towns."
- Excerpt: "Joe advocates spending taxpayer money more wisely. We can not and must not give the state a blank check to do with whatever it wants."
- Excerpt: "Joe believes in lower taxes for both individuals and businesses. Both thrive in that kind of environment"
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on September 9, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Sean Garballey was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jon Sonju was unopposed in the Republican primary. Garballey defeated Sonju in the general election.
Monju ran in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Twenty-Third Middlesex District. He ran unopposed in the September 6 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Sean Garballey (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Twenty-Third Middlesex District, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Sean Garballey Incumbent||81.3%||19,077|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joseph + Monju + Massachusetts + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- Massachusetts House of Representatives Twenty-third Middlesex District
- Massachusetts House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Joseph Monju on Facebook
- Joseph Monju on Twitter
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 Republican Primary Candidates," accessed June 28, 2014
- "joemonju," Official Campaign Website
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 State Primary Candidates," accessed September 9, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2012 State Primary Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 13, 2014
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |