|Kansas House of Representatives, District 88|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 87|
|January 10, 2011 - 2013|
Joseph Scapa is a former Republican member of the Kansas House of Representatives, representing District 87 from 2011 to 2013. Scapa was a 2014 Republican candidate for District 88 of the Kansas House of Representatives.
Scapa is a realtor and substitute teacher.
Scapa attended Wichita State University and Tabor College.
Scapa served on the following committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Commerce and Economic Development Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Education Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Financial Institutions Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Vision 2020 Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
Elections for the office of Kansas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent Patricia Sloop was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Joseph Scapa defeated Jim Price in the Republican primary. Sloop was defeated by Scapa in the general election by 48 votes, according to unofficial results.
|Kansas House of Representatives District 88, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Patricia Sloop Incumbent||49.7%||2,587|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 88 Republican Primary, 2014|
Scapa ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 89. He was unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and was defeated by Patricia M. Sloop (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 88, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Joseph Scapa Incumbent||46.8%||3,226|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 87 General Election (2010)|
|Joseph Scapa (R)||4,123|
|Om Chauhan (D)||2,179|
Scapa was endorsed by:
- Kansans for Liberty
In 2010, Scapa raised $22,571 in contributions.
His two largest contributors were:
|Scapa, Joseph & Meliss||$7,500|
|4Th District Republican Cmte||$2,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joseph + Scapa + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidate Lists," accessed June 25, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2014 General (unofficial)," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2010 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 29, 2014
- Kansans for Liberty
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Raj Goyle (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 87
| Succeeded by|
Mark Kahrs (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |