|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 90|
|1980 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||35|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 6, 1979|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern Mississippi|
|J.D.||Mississippi College School of Law|
|Date of birth||May 31, 1952|
Warren earned his J.D. from the Mississippi College School of Law and attended the University of Southern Mississippi and Jones County Junior College. His professional experience includes working as an attorney.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Warren served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Compilation, Revision and Publication|
|• Judiciary B|
|• Judiciary En Banc|
|• Local and Private Legislation, Chair|
|• Public Utilities|
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Warren served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Rules, Chair|
|• Apportionment and Elections|
|• Banking and Financial Services|
|• Fees and Salaries of Public Officers|
|• Public Property|
On November 8, 2011, Warren won re-election to District 90 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and was unchallenged in the November 8 general election.
On November 6, 2007, Warren was re-elected in District 90, running unopposed.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 90 (2007)|
|Joseph Warren (D)||7,948||100.00%|
In 2011, Warren received $9,400 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joseph Warren's campaign in 2011|
|Optometry For Progress Cmte||$1,000|
|Mississippi Dental Pac - Jim Thompson||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$9,400|
|Total Votes received in 2011||8,194|
|Cost of each vote received||$1.15|
In 2007, Warren collected $8,450 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Mississippi Trial Lawyers Association||$1,000|
|Merck & Co.||$750|
|Mississippi Dental Association||$700|
|Mississippi Dental Association||$700|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Joseph + Warren + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Warren
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Election Results," accessed March 23, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2007 Statewide Elections," accessed February 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, 2007 contributions to Joseph Warren
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 90
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |