|U.S. House, Texas, District 3|
|Place of birth||Brigham City, Utah|
|Profession||Network engineer and architect|
Born in Utah in 1978, Loveless moved frequently with his family to different states such as Florida, Idaho and California because of his father's job with NASA.
During high school, Loveless worked and also participated on the debate team. After graduation, Loveless worked in a variety of fields including construction and sales and eventually found his way into the information and technology industry. Loveless currently works as a sales engineer with Cisco systems.
Although Loveless briefly attended the University of Utah and Salt Lake Community College, he did not earn a degree. He has been studying IT advanced networking and telecommunications engineering at the University of Phoenix. He expects to graduate with his Bachelor's in 2014. Loveless holds two Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert certifications.
The following are excerpts from the platform listed on Loveless's campaign website:
- Budget and taxes:
- "Work to balance the budget, starting by supporting the Ryan Plan."
- "Implement an 'Affordability Index' for all government expenditures in order to rank spending and programs by necessity and usefulness."
- National security:
- "Abolish secret courts and opaque rule."
- "[The Department of Homeland Security] should be an aggregation of existing agencies and not a force unto itself."
- "Restore the full benefits of all U.S. service personnel and their families."
- "Seek to strengthen our military institutions through modernization."
- "Repeal and replace Obamacare."
- "Seek permanent tort reform."
- "Provide leadership for Internet and other technology bills."
- "End the practice of abdicating to telecom, media, and tech lobbies."
- "Support the Keystone XL Pipeline."
- "Repeal and replace Dodd-Frank."
- Excerpts from campaign websites may contain spelling and grammatical errors
|U.S. House, Texas District 3 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Sam Johnson Incumbent||80.6%||31,178|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Josh + Loveless + Texas + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 3rd Congressional District
- Josh Loveless For Congress: "Home," accessed November 12, 2013
- Facebook: "Josh Loveless for Congress, About," accessed December 23, 2013
- Lifezilla "Josh Loveless," accessed December 23, 2013
- LinkedIn: "Josh Loveless," accessed December 23, 2013
- Murphy Monitor, "Murphy resident Loveless runs for Congress," December 19, 2013
- Josh Loveless for Congress: "Platform," accessed December 23, 2013
- The Texas Tribune, "Primary 2014 Election Results," March 4, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |