|Snohomish Board of Directors, District 3|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Associate's||Shoreline Community College|
Seek earned an Associate's degree in Business Administration and Marketing from Shoreline Community College. He currently serves as general manager of Centennial Glass Company. Seek has also worked as a coach for the Northwest Sidewinders Fastpitch Club.
Seek sought re-election to the District 3 seat without opposition on November 5, 2013.
|Snohomish Board of Directors, District 3, Four-year term, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Josh Seek Incumbent||97.9%||9,289|
|Source: Snohomish County Auditor's Office, "Snohomish County General Election Results," November 25, 2013|
Seek reported no contributions or expenditures to the Washington Public Disclosure Commission.
Seek won a first full term on the board without opposition in the November 3, 2009 general election.
|Snohomish Board of Directors, District 3, November 3, 2009|
|Source: Snohomish County Auditor, "November 3, 2009 General Election Results," November 24, 2009|
What was at stake?
About the district
- See also: Snohomish School District, Washington
Snohomish lags behind state averages for median income and higher education achievement while outperforming the state's poverty rate. The percentage of city residents over 25 years old with undergraduate degrees (23.6%) is below the state average (31.4%). The 2010 U.S. Census calculated Snohomish's median income at $52,386 while the state median income was $58,890. Snohomish had a poverty rate of 11.2% in the 2010 U.S. Census while the state rate was 12.5%.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100.0%. Each column will add up to 100.0% after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Josh + Seek + Snohomish + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington school districts
- Snohomish School District elections (2013)
- Snohomish School District, Washington
- LinkedIn, "Josh Seek," accessed September 24, 2013
- Northwest Sidewinders, "Sidewinders 14A," accessed September 24, 2013
- Washington Public Disclosure Commission, "Local Candidates," accessed December 17, 2013
- 2010 U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Snohomish," accessed September 23, 2013
- Snohomish County Auditor, "Past Election Results," accessed August 6, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014