Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Pennsylvania State House District 153|
|2005 - 2011|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||University of Rochester, 1995|
|J.D.||Georgetown University Law, 2002|
|Place of birth||Kansas City, MO|
Shapiro earned his B.A. from the University of Rochester in 1995. He went on to receive his J.D. from Georgetown University Law in 2002.
Shapiro worked as a Legislative Assistant to United States Senator Carl Levin from 1995 to 1996. He then worked as Senior Advisor to United States Representative Peter Deutsch from 1996 to 1998 and as Senior Advisor to Senatro Robert Torricelli from 1998 to 1999. From 1999 to 2003, he was Chief of Staff for United States Representative Joe Hoeffel. He has worked as an attorney for Ballard, Spahr, Andrews and Ingersoll, Limited Liability Partnership since 2003.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Shapiro was appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Shapiro served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives, Secretary
- Finance Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Insurance Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Judiciary Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
|Pennsylvania State House, District 153|
|Josh Shapiro (D)||17,430||70.1%|
|Tom Bogar (R)||7,426||29.9%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 153|
|Josh Shapiro (D/R)||33,165||100.0%|
In 2010, Shapiro received $532,521 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Josh Shapiro's campaign in 2010|
|Nix Patterson & Roach||$15,000|
|Barroway Topaz Kessler Meltzer & Check||$15,000|
|Pennsylvania Education Association||$12,500|
|Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$532,521|
Shapiro and his wife, Lori, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Josh + Shapiro + Pennsylvania + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Shapiro
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Philly Burbs, "Shapiro to resign House seat," December 9, 2011
- Philadelphia Enquirer, "Six Pennsylvania House seats to be filled in April," March 1, 2012
- Philly.com, "Brady likes Stack for governor," April 24, 2013
- 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official 2008 General Election Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 donations," accessed May 2, 2014
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 153
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |