|Georgia State Senate District 29|
|January 11, 2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Furman University (2001)|
|J.D.||University of Alabama School of Law|
|Birthday||February 25, 1979|
|Place of birth||Columbus, Georgia|
McKoon earned his B.S. from Furman University and his J.D. from the University of Alabama. HIs professional experience includes working as an attorney for the firm of McKoon & Associates and for Page, Scrantom, Sprouse, Tucker & Ford, P.C.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, McKoon served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Judiciary, Chair|
|• Higher Education, Vice Chair|
|• Insurance and Labor|
|• Judiciary - Non-Civil|
|• Regulated Industries and Utilities|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McKoon served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Banking and Financial Institutions|
|• Higher Education|
|• Special Judiciary|
On his campaign website, McKoon listed five issues he was concerned about. They were:
- Excerpt: "As a conservative I believe in improving our economy through reducing the tax burden on our citizens and stabilizing the budget through elimination of pork projects."
- Excerpt: "I will work to restore control of our schools to teachers and parents and take it out of the hands of bureaucrats in Atlanta and Washington D.C. Our community needs school superintendents, school boards, principals, teachers and parents running our schools again."
- Excerpt: "The last major improvements to Georgia’s transportation infrastructure was in the late 60’s and early 70’s. I will be a leading voice in making transportation a priority for Georgia and ensure the Lower Chattahoochee’s role in the decision making process."
- Excerpt: "We need being to prepare for the future with a statewide water plan that includes reservoirs to serve all areas of Georgia and protect the interests of the Chattahoochee Valley Region. Water security will be one of my top priorities."
- Excerpt: "After giving my life to Christ, I recognized how important it is that people of faith participate in the public square. I have tried to follow the principles of my faith in all aspects of my life, including my involvement in politics."
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Georgia State Senate will consist of a primary election on May 20, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Brian P. Roslund is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Joshua Robert McKoon is unopposed in the Republican primary.
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2012
McKoon ran in the 2012 election for Georgia State Senate District 29. McKoon ran unopposed in the Republican primary on July 31, 2012. No Democratic candidates filed to run for this seat. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. McKoon ran unopposed for re-election in the general election.
|Georgia State Senate, District 29, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Josh McKoon Incumbent||100%||56,560|
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2010
McKoon was unopposed in the July 20 primary.
|Georgia State Senate, District 29 - Republican Primary (2010)|
| Georgia State Senate, District 29 |
2010 General election results
|Joshua McKoon (R)||30,991||65.7%|
|Evelyn Anderson (D)||16,197||34.3%|
Comprehensive donor information for McKoon is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, McKoon raised a total of $323,267 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 22, 2013.
|Joshua McKoon's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Georgia State Senate, District 29||$96,065|
|2010||Georgia State Senate, District 29||$227,202|
|Grand Total Raised||$323,267|
2012McKoon won re-election to the Georgia State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, McKoon raised a total of $96,065.
|Georgia State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joshua McKoon's campaign in 2012|
|David Shafer Senate Cmte||$4,500|
|Georgia Trial Lawyers Association||$4,000|
|Georgia Optometric Association||$3,500|
|Georgia 3Rd District Republican Party||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$96,065|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010McKoon won election to the Georgia State Senate in 2010. During that election cycle, McKoon raised a total of $227,202.
|Georgia State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joshua McKoon's campaign in 2010|
|Miller, R Duke||$4,800|
|Valley Property Holding Inc||$3,800|
|Hennessy, Mark W||$3,400|
|Total Raised in 2010||$227,202|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Joshua + McKoon + Georgia + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Josh McKoon campaign website
- Joshua McKoon on the Georgia State Senate website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- John McKoon on Facebook
- Josh McKoon campaign website, "Issues"
- Herman Cain for President "Cain Receives Key Georgia Endorsements," August 31, 2011
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 10, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division "Candidate List" Accessed May 29, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Georgia Elections Division "2012 Election Results" Accessed November 16, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official Results of the Tuesday, July 20, 2010 General Primary Election"
- Georgia Secretary of State - 2010 Election results
- followthemoney.org, "McKoon, Josh," accessed August 22, 2013
|Georgia Senate District 29
| Succeeded by|