|Former candidate for|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Sixteenth Worcester District|
Perro's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Many of Worcester's neighborhoods have crime rates well above the state average. As State Representative I will work hard to increase funding to police and fire programs so we can put more police on the streets and ensure our communities are safe for our children and families.
I will fight to improve education by securing a budget for Worcester Public Schools that not only exceeds the minimum foundation budget, but also brings accountability and reform. I strongly oppose increasing the cap on charter schools unless the state fully funds those schools, so the financial burden isn't on local tax payers to foot the bill.
As the neighborhoods' choice, I will not be beholden to any special interests groups or the big whigs on Beacon Hill. I will stand up for what is right and won't be afraid to out the best interests of our neighborhoods and working families first.
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on September 9, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Daniel Donahue defeated Joshua Perro in the Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Sixteenth Worcester District Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Daniel Donahue Incumbent||53.3%||1,679|
Perro ran in a special election for Massachusetts House of Representatives 16th Worcester District. The seat was vacant following John Fresolo's (D) resignation due to an ethics investigation. Perro was defeated by Daniel M. Donahue in the August 13 Democratic primary.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joshua + Perro + Massachusetts + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- Massachusetts House of Representatives Sixteenth Worcester District
- Massachusetts House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Joshua Perro on Facebook
- Joshua Perro on Twitter
- Joshua Perro on LinkedIn
- sec.state.ma.us, "Primary Candidates"
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 Democratic Primary Candidates," accessed June 28, 2014
- Josh Perro for State Representative, "Issues," accessed August 16, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 State Primary Candidates," accessed September 9, 2014
- myfoxboston.com, "Special election to fill State Rep. Fresolo's seat announced," May 23, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- electionstats.state.ma.us, "Official Democratic primary results," accessed November 19, 2013
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |
Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court | Appeals Court | Superior Courts | District Courts | Probate and Family Courts | Juvenile Courts | Housing Courts | Land Courts | Boston Municipal Courts | Judicial selection in Massachusetts |