|Georgia House of Representatives District 105|
|January 14, 2013-Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Ph.D.||University of Georgia, Georgia State University|
Chandler earned her B.S. from Samford University, her M.S. from Auburn University, her Ed.S. from Georgia State University, and her D.Ed. in Counseling from the University of Georgia. Her professional experience includes working as Executive Director of Student Assistance Professionals Association (SAPA), volunteer coordinator for Anchor Church Tutoring Program, school counselor, and teacher, and owning a consulting business.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Chandler served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Juvenile Justice|
|• Regulated Industries|
Elections for the office of Georgia House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 20, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Renita Hamilton will face Tim D. Hur in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Joyce H. Chandler is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Chandler ran in the 2012 election for Georgia House of Representatives District 105. Chandler defeated Damon Ladd-Thomas in the Republican primary on July 31, 2012. Renita Hamilton defeated Rashid Malik in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Chandler defeated Renita Hamilton in the general election.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 105, General Election, 2012|
|Georgia House of Representatives District 105 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Chandler is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Chandler raised a total of $48,698 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 27, 2013.
|Joyce Chandler's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Georgia State House, District 105||$48,698|
|Grand Total Raised||$48,698|
2012Chandler won election to the Georgia House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Chandler raised a total of $48,698.
|Georgia House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joyce Chandler's campaign in 2012|
|Cmte to Elect Butch Parrish||$2,500|
|Friends of Katie Dempsey||$2,500|
|Georgia House Republican Trust||$2,500|
|Friends for Donna Sheldon||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$48,698|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Chandler received endorsements from:
- Georgia Right to Life Political Action Committee
- National Federation of Independent Business/Georgia SAFE Trust
- Concerned Women for America Legislative Action Committee of Georgia
- State senator Renee Unterman
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joyce + Chandler + Georgia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Joyce Chandler on the Georgia House of Representatives website
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Joyce Chandler on Facebook
- Joyce Chandler on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Chandler for House Facebook Page "Info" Accessed October 4, 2012
- Chandler for State House "About Joyce" Accessed October 4, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 10, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division "Candidate List" Accessed May 29, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, Unofficial Primary Election Results, retrieved July 31, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "General Primary/General Nonpartisan/Special Election July 31, 2012," accessed August 9, 2012
- Georgia Elections Division "2012 Election Results" Accessed November 16, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Chandler, Joyce," accessed August 27, 2013
- Chandler for State House, "Endorsements," accessed October 4, 2012
Donna Sheldon (R)
|Georgia House of Representatives District 105
| Succeeded by|
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |