|Massachusetts House of Representatives Twelfth Essex|
|2003 - November 29, 2012 (Death)|
|Per diem||$10 - $100/day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
Spiliotis was a Councilor-At-Large for the City of Peabody.
She was a member of the North Shore Labor Council, Caucus of Women Legislators, Children's Caucus, Elder Caucus, and the North East Legislative Caucus.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Spiliotis was appointed to the following committees:
- Consumer Protection and Professional Licensure Joint Committee
- Global Warming and Climate Change
- Municipalities and Regional Government Joint Committee, Vice Chair
- Ways and Means
- Ways and Means Joint Committee
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Spiliotis served on the following committees:
- Municipalities and Regional Government Joint Committee (Vice Chair)
- State Administration and Regulatory Oversight Joint Committee
- Global Warming and Climate Change
Spiliotis won re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Twelfth Essex District. Spiliotis was unopposed in the September 6 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Twelfth Essex District (2010)|
|Joyce Spiliotis (D)||9,584|
|Martin Scafidi (R)||6,490|
On November 4, 2008, Spiliotis won re-election for the Massachusetts House of Representatives election for the Twelfth Essex district. In this election she raised $23,195-; of that total $22,795- (98.3%) was from in state contributions and $400- (1.7%) was from out of state contributions.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives - Twelfth Essex district|
|Joyce Spiliotis (D)||15,807|
In 2010, Spiliotis received $28,272 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joyce Spiliotis's campaign in 2010|
|Massachusetts Democratic Party||$6,289|
|Massachusetts Federation Of Teachers||$1,000|
|Retired Public Employees||$800|
|Massachusetts Association Of Realtors||$600|
|Beer Distributors Of Massachusetts||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$28,272|
Spiliotis raised $23,195 in the 2008 election cycle.
Her major contributors are listed below.
|Massachusetts Credit Union League||$1,000|
|Massachusetts Federation of Teachers||$700|
|Massachusetts Association of Realtors||$600|
|7 different donors||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Joyce + Spiliotis + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives - Rep. Joyce Spiliotis
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Joyce Spiliotis on Facebook
- Peabody Patch, "State Rep. Joyce Spiliotis Has Died," November 29, 2012
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Spiliotis
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2012 State Primary Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusets Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 13, 2014
- Return of Votes for Massachusetts State Election November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money 2008
- Follow the Money, "Massachusetts 2010 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts House donor numbers
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Essex 12
2003–November 29, 2012
| Succeeded by|
Leah Cole (R)
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |