For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Florida House of Representatives District 115|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Planas' professional experience includes working as an attorney and Assistant State Attorney for Miami-Dade County from 1998 to 2002.
He is a member of the Baypoint Schools Board, Kiwanis Club of Little Havana, Miami-Dade Children's Trust, Saint Thomas Law School President's Board of Advisors and South Florida Wings for Life Board.
- Criminal & Civil Justice Appropriations Committee
- Elder & Family Services Policy Committee
- Government Accountability Act Council
- Public Counsel Oversight Committee, Florida State Legislature (Alternating Chair)
- Select Committee on Seminole Indian Compact Review
Planas did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Planas's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 523 - "Court Actions Involving Families: Provides additional purposes relating to implementing unified family court program in circuit courts; provides legislative intent."
- HB 529 - "Optional Payments for Medical Assistance: Provides for Medicaid eligibility for certain persons with disabilities under specified Medicaid buy-in program, subject to specific federal authorization; requires AHCA to seek amendments to specified Medicaid waivers for certain persons with disabilities."
- HB 7085 - "Criminal Justice: Requires DOC to send Parole Commission monthly electronic list of inmates & offenders who may be eligible for civil rights restoration; applies sexual misconduct prohibition to employees of private correctional facilities"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Below are Planas's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Cable Telecommunications Assoc||$1,000|
|Bright House Networks||$1,000|
|Financial Service Centers of FL||$500|
|FL Operators Assoc||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Juan-Carlos + Planas + Florida + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida House of Representatives
- Florida House Committees
- Florida state legislative districts
- Juan-Carlos Planas' personal website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
|Florida House of Representatives District 115
| Succeeded by|
Jose Felix Diaz
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |