|Florida House of Representatives District 115|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Due to Florida term limits, Planas could not run for re-election in the Florida House of Representatives elections of 2010.
Planas is an attorney, and previously served as Assistant State Attorney for Miami-Dade County from 1998-2002.
He is a member of the Baypoint Schools Board, Kiwanis Club of Little Havana, Miami-Dade Children's Trust, Saint Thomas Law School President's Board of Advisors, and South Florida Wings for Life Board.
Planas did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Criminal & Civil Justice Appropriations Committee
- Elder & Family Services Policy Committee
- Government Accountability Act Council
- Public Counsel Oversight Committee, Florida State Legislature (Alternating Chair)
- Select Committee on Seminole Indian Compact Review
Planas's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 523 - "Court Actions Involving Families: Provides additional purposes relating to implementing unified family court program in circuit courts; provides legislative intent."
- HB 529 - "Optional Payments for Medical Assistance: Provides for Medicaid eligibility for certain persons with disabilities under specified Medicaid buy-in program, subject to specific federal authorization; requires AHCA to seek amendments to specified Medicaid waivers for certain persons with disabilities."
- HB 7085 - "Criminal Justice: Requires DOC to send Parole Commission monthly electronic list of inmates & offenders who may be eligible for civil rights restoration; applies sexual misconduct prohibition to employees of private correctional facilities"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Below are Planas's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Cable Telecommunications Assoc||$1,000|
|Bright House Networks||$1,000|
|Financial Service Centers of FL||$500|
|FL Operators Assoc||$500|
- Juan-Carlos Planas' personal website
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Juan-Carlos Planas
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
|Florida House of Representatives District 115
| Succeeded by|
Jose Felix Diaz
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |