Judith Anne Solano
|Judith Anne Solano|
|Colorado House of Representatives District 31|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Bachelor's||Kansas State Teachers College, 1971|
|Master's||University of Colorado - Denver, 1992|
|Place of birth||Grinnell, KS|
Solano is a retired public school teacher and owner of Artes Solano.
Solano did not provide answers to the Colorado State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Solano's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 09-1001 - Income Tax Credit For CO Job Growth
- HB 09-1064 - Econ Opportunity Poverty Task Force
- HB 09-1299 - National Popular Vote Agreement
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Solano served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Colorado House of Representatives
- Education Committee, Colorado House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Solano served on these committees:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Agriculture, Livestock, & Natural Resources Committee
- Education Committee (Vice Chair)
Solano was unable to seek re-election in 2012 due to term limits.
Solano ran for re-election to the 31st District seat in 2010. She had no opposition in the August 10 primary. Solano defeated Tom Janich (R) in the November 2 general election.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 31 General election (2010)|
|Judith Anne Solano (D)||15,380|
|Tom Janich (R)||15,082|
Solano raised $105,791 for her campaign, while Hansen raised $47,631.
|Colorado State House, District 31 (2008)|
|Judith Anne Solano (D)||23,388|
|Holly Hansen (R)||17,997|
In 2010, Solano raised $68,709 in contributions.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Food & Commercial Workers Local 7||$4,250|
|Colorado Education Association||$4,250|
|Colorado Professional Fire Fighters||$4,000|
|Service Employees International Local 105||$3,125|
Below are Solano's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|CO Democratic Party House Majority Project||$7,100|
|CO Education Assoc||$4,250|
|CO Professional Fire Fighters||$4,000|
|Service Employees Local 105||$4,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Judith + Anne + Solano + Colorado + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Judy Solano's personal website
- Colorado House of Representatives - Rep. Judith Anne Solano
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- Judy Solano on Facebook
|Colorado House District 31
| Succeeded by|
Joseph Salazar (D)