|Former candidate for|
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Travis' campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "As our State Representative, Judy will reign-in government spending and cut wasteful programs that drain valuable resources for projects where they are truly needed."
Strengthening Our Economy
- Excerpt: "Judy knows the pressures of meeting a payroll and balancing a budget while raising a family. She also knows that higher taxes in tough economic times hurt middle-class and lower-income families as well as pensioners living on fixed incomes. As our State Representative, Judy Travis will take these concerns to heart and promote pro-growth policies in Dover."
Renewing Our Schools
- Excerpt: "Judy believes in local control of neighborhood schools, increased parental involvement, and lower student to teacher ratios. Pro-child and pro-teacher, Judy will work to make Brandywine Hundred’s public schools top in the country again."
Reforming State Government
- Excerpt: "Judy’s will be a pragmatic and passionate voice in Dover to advocate for laws that will relieve the financial pressures and burdens on our families and businesses, not add to them. Judy Travis brings compassionate care with twenty seven years of community experience to Dover. Who better than Judy Travis to represent our families and neighbors?"
Elections for the office of Delaware House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 8, 2014. Sean Matthews defeated incumbent Dennis E. Williams in the Democratic primary, while Judith Travis was unopposed in the Republican primary. Matthews defeated Travis in the general election.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 10, General Election, 2014|
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 10 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Dennis E. Williams Incumbent||45%||568|
| Delaware House of Representatives, District 6 |
2010 General election results
|Bryon Short (D)||4,983||56.9%|
|Judith Travis (R)||3,619||41.3%|
|Scott Gesty (Ind. Party of Delaware)||87||1.0%|
|Scott Gesty (L)||75||0.8%|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Judith + Travis + Delaware + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware House of Representatives
- Delaware House of Representatives District 10
- Delaware House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Delaware State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Judith Travis on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Judy Travis' campaign website, "Issues," accessed October 22, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election results," accessed September 17, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014
- Delaware Elections Division, "Official 2010 Election results," accessed March 20, 2014