|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 80|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Hollidaysburg High School|
|Other||Altoona Hospital School of Nursing|
|Profession||Medical, Health and Wellness Coordinator|
Ward earned a nursing diploma at the Altoona Hospital School of Nursing. Her professional experience includes working as Medical, Health and Wellness Coordinator at Ward Transport and Logistics, as a registered nurse for over 20 years, as a former Development Director for Allegheny Lutheran Social Ministries and Bishop Guilfoyle High School and as a former small business owner of "All About Town."
Ward's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Judy knows the best thing we can do for everyone in Pennsylvania is jumpstart our economy so families get the good-paying jobs they need. To do that, she’ll make sure we treat job creators as partners instead of as adversaries."
- Excerpt: "Judy knows that our community has different concerns and different needs than those in other parts of the state. As our State Representative, she will stand up to represent our values and our local communities."
- Excerpt: "Judy knows that Pennsylvania’s taxpayers just can’t give anymore. That’s why, as our State Representative, she’ll work for initiatives that protect taxpayers by instilling fiscal discipline in state government, give taxpayers a stronger voice and help reduce costs for governments at every level."
- Excerpt: "Judy will be a leader in the fight for real reform to ensure open and transparent government, and save taxpayers money."
- Excerpt: "Judy knows that the key to preparing our kids for a brighter future is to make sure they get a good education. As Representative, she will fight for stronger schools. Most importantly, Judy knows more money is not the answer, but that we must also reform the education system so it works better for kids."
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Judith Ward defeated Aaron Ritchey in the Republican primary. Jason Lynn is running as an Independent candidate. Ward and Lynn will face off in the general election.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 80 Republican Primary, 2014|
Ward and her husband, Bill, have two sons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Judith + Ward + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Pennsylvania State Legislature
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 80
- Official campaign website
- Judy Ward on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Pennsylvania Department of State- Official candidate list
- Official campaign website, "Judy," accessed May 7, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Issues," accessed May 7, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 21, 2014
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |