Georgia House of Representatives , District 136
In addition to supporting her late husband's political career, Sellier was elected to the Crawford County Board of Election in 2002 and served six years as Board Chairman. She has also been active in the Crawford County Farm Bureau, Middle Georgia Regional Commission, and the Chambers of Commerce for Crawford/Roberta and Peach Counties. Sellier is also involved in Kiwanis, county Republican parties, and the Historic Crawford Foundation. Selliers has three children.
Sellier's 2011 special election Campaign site emphasizes several key policy positions and campaign themes:
- Conservative Values: "Like her husband before her, Judye is a strong supporter of the conservative values that have made Georgia and America the greatest country in the world. She is pro-life. She supports traditional marriage. She is strongly pro-Second Amendment."
- Military: "Judye is a strong supporter of the U.S. military and their installations present in Georgia, particularly Robins Air Force Base. She understands the vitally important role military personnel, and their families, play in our nation and our daily freedoms. She also knows the economic impact of the military... Local cooperation and increased missions are two of the surest ways to protect our area bases from the next round of the BRAC (Base Realignment and Closure Commission)."
- Jobs: "Middle Georgia needs more jobs and sustained employment opportunities closer to home. Judye will support empowering local economic development efforts to entice employers to locate here. Judye will continue the work of crafting tax credits and other unique incentives aimed at making Middle Georgia more competitive for global business investment..."
- Education: "Judye has served for eight years as a member of the Crawford County Board of Education – six years as its Chair. No other candidate has the personal experience that Judye brings regarding education and the growing needs of local school systems. Judye will focus on increasing local control for schools, their leaders and parents to work together for the advancement of children..."
- Agriculture: "She already knows many of the personalities and procedures in the General Assembly, and she will work to become a member of the important Agriculture Committee. Her goal is to give a stronger voice to the farmers, growers and ranchers making their living here. Judye will always support the efforts of those living off the land to produce more and reach bigger markets, including lowering their tax and regulatory burdens to do so."
Sellier was defeated by Robert Dickey (R) in the February 15, 2011 special election to the Georgia House of Representatives, District 136. Both Georgia special elections will held an open primary. All candidates appeared on the February 15 ballot along with their party affiliation. Since Dickey received more than 50% of the vote, the election will not proceed to a runoff on March 15.
- Campaign Website
- Campaign Facebook Page
- WMAZ, "Voters to Fill House District 136 Seat," January 24, 2010 (Includes video interview with candidates)
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |