Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas Commissioner of Insurance|
|May 27, 2013 - Present|
|February 1, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Gov. Rick Perry (R)|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas at Austin|
|J.D.||University of Texas at Austin|
Rathgeber succeeded Eleanor Kitzman, who had served in the role since August of 2011. Gov. Perry declined to reappoint Kitzman as commissioner upon the expiration of her term in Feb. 2013 and she subsequently failed to secure the two-thirds Senate confirmation vote during the 2013 session necessary to remain in office.
Texas Insurance Commissioner (2013 - Present)
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Julia + Rathgeber + Texas + Insurance"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas Department of Insurance Proposes Background Checks for Healthcare ... - D Healthcare Daily
- Texas Insurance commissioner weighs in on Affordable Care Act decision - Kaufman Herald
- Dewhurst Wants Closure of High-Risk Insurance Pool Postponed - Texas Tribune
- More Than 14000 Texans Have Enrolled With Healthcare.gov, Drawing Cheers ... - D Magazine
- Commissioner extends Texas' high-risk insurance pool - Austin American-Statesman
- Texas seeks higher requirements for health insurance navigators - Live Insurance News
- Texas Woman Convicted in Workers Comp Fraud Scam - WorkersCompensation.com (press release) (blog)
- Gov. Perry Announces GEICO Expansion, Creating 1000 Jobs in Katy - Montgomery County Newspaper
- Local Leaders Plan Rally Against Windstorm Rate Hikes - KRIS Corpus Christi News
- HealthCare.gov is Working; Deadline to Enroll is December 23 - Burnt Orange Report
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Texas Department of Insurance
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
|Texas Commissioner of Insurance
| Succeeded by|