|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 31|
Goldwater's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Increasing Educational Opportunity
- Excerpt: "In order to build a better community and state, we must foster creative and critically thinking minds. We must provide educators with the necessary professional learning and materials needed to help everyone become successful citizens in a democratic society."
Preserving the Environment
- Excerpt: "Our state has the unique privilege to be home to many lakes, streams, rivers, and forests. With that privilege, however, comes responsibility. We must maintain what we have so that future generations will be able to swim in the same streams, walk in the same forests, and splash in the same lakes that we did."
Restoring Quality Infrastructure
- Excerpt: "Our roads are broken; our buildings are vacant; and our systems and networks are flawed. Step by step, we must work to restore our community's infrastructure, beginning in our neighborhoods, and extending into our workplaces. We must ensure that the communication in the workplace and with other services is smooth and not impeded."
Breaking Down Barriers
- Excerpt: "The duty of an elected official is to represent one's constituents, and to fight for their interests. Too often, politicians become busy fighting against one another, and lose sight of their responsibility to the citizens of their district and their state."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Incumbent Marilyn Lane defeated Kathy Blanke and Juliana Goldwater in the Democratic primary. Phil Rode was unopposed in the Republican primary. Lane defeated Rode in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 31 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Marilyn Lane Incumbent||61.1%||15,769|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 31 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Marilyn Lane Incumbent||69.8%||3,803|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Juliana + Goldwater + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 31
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Juliana Goldwater on Facebook
- Juliana Goldwater on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- julianagoldwater.com, "Issues," accessed July 28, 2014 (dead link)
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |