|Evergreen Board of Directors, District 1|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
Bocanegra currently manages two branches of the Columbia Credit Union. She has previously served as the chair of the Battle Ground Chamber of Commerce. Bocanegra and her husband have one child currently attending district schools.
Bocanegra sought her first full term on the board against challenger Daniel Poletti on November 5, 2013.
|Evergreen Board of Directors, District 1, Four-year term, November 5, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Julie Bocanegra Incumbent||50.2%||9,908|
|Source: Clark County Auditor's Office, "November 5, 2013 General Election," November 26, 2013|
Bocanegra reported no contributions or expenditures to the Washington Public Disclosure Commission.
Bocanegra provided the following statement for the 2013 Local Voters' Pamphlet in Clark County:
"It is an honor to be serving on the Board of Directors for the Evergreen School District. Providing a quality education to every student is my top priority. I believe in a safe learning environment that provides learning opportunities that aid all students to reach their highest potential. With my years of management experience in the financial industry, I am committed to sound financial policies and stewardship. Because of my service on local boards with the little league and the chamber of commerce, I am successful collaborating with our community partners to make decisions that will benefit our children."
Note: The above quote is from the candidate's website, which may include some typographical or spelling errors.
What was at stake?
About the district
- See also: Evergreen Public Schools, Washington
Vancouver lags behind the rest of Washington based on median income, poverty levels and higher education achievement. The 2010 U.S. Census found the median income in Vancouver was $50,387 while the state median income was $58,890. The city's poverty rate was 15.5% compared to the state's 12.5% poverty rate. The percentage of city residents over 25 years old with undergraduate degrees (23.5%) was lower than the state average (31.4%).
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Julie + Bocanegra + Evergreen + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Evergreen schools race heads for recount - The Columbian
- Upon review, it's board incumbent - The Columbian
- The Columbian, "New member joins Evergreen school board," February 28, 2012
- Evergreen Public Schools, "School Board," Accessed October 3, 2013
- Washington Public Disclosure Commission, "Local Candidates," Accessed December 17, 2013
- Clark County Auditor, "Local Voters' Pamphlet," Accessed October 3, 2013
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Vancouver," Accessed September 20, 2013
- Clark County Auditor's Office, "Election Results," September 20, 2013