|Minnesota State Senate District 39|
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 56A|
Bunn is a self-employed economist. She earned her PhD and M.A. in Economics from Stanford University, and AB from Occidental College.
Bunn previously was a Professor at Macalester College from 1992-2000, research and teaching assistant at Stanford University from 1984-1989, and an Economist at the Bureau of Labor Statistics - United States Department of Labor from 1979-1983. She is married and has one child.
Bunn's website highlights the following campaign themes:
We need to expect better from our leaders and our government
- Excerpt:"I am running for election to the state senate to deliver honest, effective leadership that works hard to deliver results for our families, communities and state."
Expect fiscal responsibility
- Excerpt:"I oppose using the state credit card or borrowing from schools to balance the budget. To lower costs, I would support realistic government redesign. I would also promote stabilizing tax and budget policy reforms to reduce the crises caused by revenue swings."
Expect bipartisanship and balance
- Excerpt:"As a former member of the Minnesota House (2007-2010), I chief authored major initiatives to reform health care, protect our drinking water, and improve the business climate. These initiatives received broad bi-partisan support, were passed by the legislature, and were signed into law by Governor Pawlenty."
Expect effective leadership that moves us forward
- Excerpt:"Due to my effectiveness and balanced approach as a legislator, I was endorsed in 2008 and 2010 by the Chamber of Commerce Leadership Fund and by many labor organizations, including AFSCME, MAPE, SEIU, the St Paul Building and Construction Trades, and the Minnesota Police and Police Officers Association."
Expect hard work on behalf of our families and communities
- Excerpt:"I know that strong families and strong communities make for a strong state. Both as a community volunteer and legislator I work to deliver those supports that insure every family can succeed."
Prior to leaving the house, she served on the following committees:
- Licensing Division (Vice Chair)
- Healthcare and Human Services Finance Division
- Healthcare and Human Services Policy and Oversight
- Ways and Means
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
|Minnesota State Senate, District 39, General Election, 2012|
Julie Bunn raised $59,516 for her campaign.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 56A (2008)|
|Julie Bunn (DFL)||11,963||52.73%|
|Kathy Lohmer (R)||10,694||47.14%|
Listed below is the largest contributor to Julie Bunn's 2008 campaign.
- Julie Bunn's personal website
- Minnesota House of Representatives - Rep. Julie Bunn
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Bunn
- "juliebunn," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Secretary of State Official general election results
- 2008 General Election Results
- Follow the Money's report on Bunn's 2008 campaign contributions
|Minnesota State House District 56A
| Succeeded by|
Kathy Lohmer (R)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |