|Washington House of Representatives, District 17a|
|Bachelor's||University of Idaho|
Olson's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Congestion relief has not been a priority in Washington. This concerns everyone, citizens commuting to work, trucks delivering goods in a timely manner, or emergency service vehicles transporting people to the hospital."
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt:"Washington must become a more business-friendly state. While the overall business climate is important, our focus must be on small business."
The State Budget
- Excerpt:"Washington must become a more business friendly state. In order to do that we must respect the taxpayers and show restraint when spending hard earned taxpayer dollars."
Education Funding and Reform
- Excerpt:"Fund education first in the budgeting process. Give education its own line item in the budget, just as we do for transportation and healthcare. Stop pitting education against other budget priorities like public safety or care for the elderly. It is a false choice."
Olson ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 17a. Olson advanced past the August 7 blanket primary election and was defeated by Monica Stonier (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 17a, General Election, 2012|
|Washington State House of Representatives, District 17a Blanket Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Julie + Olson + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- 2013 Front Page News items ? and those who made them - Voice of the Valley
- Obama Renominates Dozens of Judges, Including Two For Ninth US Circuit ... - Metropolitan News-Enterprise
- Obama's 2014 Begins With Modest Momentum On Capitol Hill - Huffington Post
- Your definitive guide to binge-watching TV - New York Post
- Oscars 2014: From 'About Time' to 'Zaytoun,' 289 features qualify for Academy ... - NOLA.com
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |