Justices of the Peace, Kentucky Constitution
| Text of Section 142:
Each county now existing, or which may hereafter be created, in this State, shall be laid off into districts in such manner as the General Assembly may direct; but no county shall have less than three nor more than eight districts, in each of which districts one Justice of the Peace shall be elected as provided in Section 99. The General Assembly shall make provisions for regulating the number of said districts from time to time within the limits herein prescribed, and for fixing the boundaries thereof. The jurisdiction of Justices of the Peace shall be coextensive with the county, and shall be equal and uniform throughout the State. Justices of the Peace shall be conservators of the peace. They shall be commissioned by the Governor, and shall vacate their offices by removal from the districts, respectively, in which they may have been elected.
|Text of Section 143:|
Repealed in 1975 by Amendment.
- State constitution
- Constitutional article
- Constitutional amendment
- Constitutional revision
- Constitutional convention
- Kentucky Legislature, "Kentucky Constitution"
- The Kentucky Gazette, "To understand constitution, look to its history", August 3, 1999
- Ireland, Robert M. (1999). The Kentucky State Constitution: A Reference Guide, Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Press
- Legislative Research Commission, "Text of the Kentucky Constitutions of 1792, 1799 and 1850" (1965)
- Legislative Research Commission(February 2003) "Constitutional Background," in the Kentucky Government: Informational Bulletin No. 137 (Revised), Frankfort, Kentucky: Kentucky Legislative Research Commission
- Kleber, John E. (1992). "Constitutions" in The Kentucky Encyclopedia, eds. Thomas D. Clark, Lowell H. Harrison, and James C. Klotter, Lexington, Kentucky: The University Press of Kentucky
- McQueen, Keven (2001). "William Goebel: Assassinated Governor," in Offbeat Kentuckians: Legends to Lunatics, ed. by Keven McQueen, Kuttawa, Kentucky: McClanahan Publishing House
State of Kentucky
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor Cabinet | Chairman of Public Services |