|Utah House of Representatives, District 7|
|April 24, 2014 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Per diem||$95/day (lodging) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||April 24, 2014|
|Appointed by||Gary Herbert|
Fawson's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Your Voice on the Hill
- Excerpt: "My job in the legislature is to be your voice on Utah's Capitol Hill. Too often our voices are sidelined by special interest groups, judicial imprudence, executive overreach or simple lack of interest. My commitment in being your voice is to listen, to make myself available, to consider all sides and multiple alternatives, and support legislation that would produce the best outcome for residents in District 7 as well as the state. My goal is to educate the voices in our community to ensure that you understand the issues and outcomes."
- Uphold the Constitution
- Excerpt: "I consider the Constitution to be an inspired work that helps to protect our God-given rights. My oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the State of Utah will be taken seriously and considered my highest priority. Our Constitution is designed to protect us from government extending beyond its intended purpose. Protecting our citizens is the most important duty of our government."
- Small Government
- Excerpt: "I believe that our city, state and federal government should be limited in size and scope. As a member of the state legislature, I will encourage participation of the private sector in as many areas as possible to keep the involvement of state, federal and local government at a minimum."
- Fiscal Conservatism & Responsibility
- Excerpt: "As a father of four, a business owner, treasurer for several non-profit organizations, and city council member, I understand the importance of living within our means. My practice has been to ensure that purchases/investments are affordable and timely. During my tenure on the City Council, I championed a savings plan that would not only consider long-term, future capital projects, but earmarked a percentage of surplus toward a savings plan that would fund those projects with little to no debt or bonding."
- Smart Planning
- Excerpt: "Utah is an incredible state in which to live. My goal, as a state legislator, is to maintain or increase our appeal. As a member of the North Ogden City Council, I support legislation being made at the level that is as close to our citizens as possible. I am an advocate of preserving our natural resources, encouraging smart residential growth and significant business growth within our commercial areas while protecting property rights of our residents."
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Camille Neider was unopposed in the Democratic convention. Justin Fawson defeated Dan Deuel in the Republican primary. Neider will face Fawson and Roger Condie (L) in the general election. Craig Dearden (R) withdrew.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 7 Republican Primary, 2014|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Planned Parenthood Action Council: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on legislation related to women’s health, access to reproductive health care and education.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills picked by Sutherland that promote conservative policy.
- Parents for Choice in Education: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on the issue of education.
- Utah Sierra Club: 2013/2014 Legislative Scorecards
- Legislators are scored based on their votes relating to environmental and conservation issues.
- Utah Taxpayers Association: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Utah Taxpayers Association: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on taxpayer related bills.
- Utahns Against Common Core: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills relating to Common Core reforms.
- Legislators are scored based on their votes in relation to the organization's "mission to defend individual liberty, private property and free enterprise."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Justin + Fawson + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah State Senate
- Utah State Senate Committees
- Utah State Legislature Joint Committees
- Utah state legislative districts
- Utah State Senate elections, 2014
- Profile from the Utah State House
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Justin Fawson on Facebook
|Utah House of Representatives District 7
| Succeeded by|