Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, California, District 31|
Kim's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jobs and Economy
- Excerpt: "This district needs both long-term and short-term solutions that address the building blocks of our local economy from the bottom up. Our focus should be on sustained growth through the creation of temporary jobs that translate into permanent employment in a progressive job market."
- Tax Reform
- Excerpt: "At the Department of Justice, I confronted and fought against some of the most abusive tax shelters that defrauded the U.S. government. In Congress, I intend to continue to this work by closing loopholes for the rich and returning to a tax policy that requires each citizen to pay their fair share."
- Protecting the Social Safety Net
- Excerpt: "Social Security is a critical layer of the social safety net. We should ensure that it continues to provide retirement security to all Americans. Despite the political rhetoric, strengthening Social Security for future generations is a relatively simple fix."
- Excerpt: "Priority number one should be the credible investigation and prosecution of the entities and individuals who committed the fraud and abuse that created the near-meltdown of our financial and banking system. Years after the initial crash, the lack accountability is unacceptable."