|Maryland House of Delegates District 5A|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Chief Deputy Minority Whip, Maryland State House of Delegates|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Associate's||Carroll Community College|
|Birthday||April 15, 1982|
|Place of birth||Mobile, Alabama|
|Profession||Owner, Strategic CFM|
Ready has served as Chief Deputy Minority Whip since 2013. He served as Executive Director of the Maryland Republican Party from 2008 to 2009.
Ready earned his B.A. in Political Science from Salisbury University in 2004. His professional experience includes working as a legislative aide to Delegate J.B. Jennings and for Chief of Staff Janet Greenip, and owner of Strategic CFM.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ready served on these committees:
- Health & Government Operations
- Subcommittee on Government Operations
- Subcommittee on Minority Health Disparities
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Zachary Hands and Dorothy G. Scanlan were unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Haven Shoemaker and incumbents Susan Krebs and Justin Ready defeated incumbent Donald B. Elliott, Carmen Amedori, Joshua Stonko and Kevin R. Utz in the Republican primary. Shoemaker, Krebs, and Ready defeated Hands and Scanlan for three seats in the general election.
Ready ran against William Niner, Nancy Stocksdale (incumbent) and Dave Wallace in the September 14 primary, coming in first. He went on to win election, coming in first in the November 2 general election.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 5A General Election (2010)|
|Justin Ready (R)||21,226|
|Nancy Stocksdale (R)||19,046|
|Francis Walsh (D)||7,688|
|Sharon Baker (D)||7,250|
In 2010, Ready raised $41,305 in contributions.
His three largest contributors were:
|The Presidential Coalition Llc||$3,000|
|Michael Steele For Maryland Cmte||$2,000|
|Citizens For Tanya Shewell||$1,750|
Ready has a wife, Ruth.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Justin + Ready + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland House of Delegates
- Maryland House Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland House of Delegates District 5A
- House website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Rick Perry for President, "40 Maryland GOP Legislators and Leaders Endorse Rick Perry for President," September 27, 2011. Accessed March 25, 2014 (Archived)
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election results for House of Delegates," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |