K. Joseph Shekarchi
|K. Joseph Shekarchi|
|Rhode Island House of Representatives 23|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|J.D.||Suffolk University Law School|
Shekarchi earned his bachelor's degree in Government from Suffolk University in 1984 and his J.D. from Suffolk University Law School in 1990. His professional experience includes working as an attorney at Shekarchi Law Office.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Shekarchi served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2013|
Shekarchi stated that he would focus on improving the state's economy, fight for services to senior citizens, and support education.
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent K. Joseph Shekarchi is unopposed in the Democratic primary.
Shekarchi won election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island House of Representatives District 23. Shekarchi was unopposed in the September 11 Democratic primary and defeated John Falkowski (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 23, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||K. Joseph Shekarchi||67.9%||4,302|
Comprehensive donor information for K. Joseph Shekarchi is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, K. Joseph Shekarchi raised a total of $52,746 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 2, 2013.
|K. Joseph Shekarchi's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 23||$52,746|
|Grand Total Raised||$52,746|
2012K. Joseph Shekarchi won election to the Rhode Island House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, K. Joseph Shekarchi raised a total of $52,746.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to K. Joseph Shekarchi's campaign in 2012|
|Rhode Island Association for Justice||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$52,746|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "K. Joseph + Shekarchi + Rhode Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Profile from the Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Rep. Shekarchi," accessed June 10, 2014
- Joeshekarchi.com, "Home," accessed October 18, 2012
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 10, 2012
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide Primary Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Shekarchi, K Joseph," accessed August 2, 2013
Robert Flaherty (D)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 23
| Succeeded by|