Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Colorado House of Representatives District 13|
|November 4, 2013-Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Per diem||$45/day in Denver area, $183/day outside|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Bachelor's||College of William and Mary|
|J.D.||Lewis and Clark Law School|
Becker earned her B.A. in Government from the College of William and Mary in 1991. She went on to earn her J.D. with an emphasis in Environmental Law from Lewis and Clark Law School in 1996. She also holds an M.S. in Real Estate Development and Construction Management. Her professional experience includes working with the Department of the Interior's Honors Program on national policy and public land issues. She has also worked in real estate and she served on the Boulder City Council.
Becker's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I support legislation that protects vulnerable populations by providing access to affordable health care, affordable housing, and access to public benefits and services. I also support legislative efforts to address the cliff effect, which cuts benefits too quickly to those who are trying to regain a foothold by getting jobs. Finally, I believe high quality, well-funded public education is one of the best investments we can make as a state. I support increased funding for a quality public education system in Colorado."
- Forest Health
- Excerpt: "I believe that fire issues should be part of dealt with as part of an overall strategy to manage forests from an ecosystem approach, with forest health as the overall goal. We must protect water sources in our forests, prepare for fires, and support forest restoration and wildfire mitigation, including prescribed burns."
- Public Health
- Excerpt: "I support efforts to increase funding for mental health screenings and treatment capacity and reduction of substance abuse."
- Energy and the Environment
- Excerpt: "Colorado must continue to move strongly toward a cleaner energy future. Climate change is real and is imminent. We must continue to work change our sources of energy, transitioning more quickly to renewables, and to use energy more efficiently.."
- Death Penalty
- Excerpt: "I believe the death penalty system in Colorado is fundamentally broken and should be eliminated. The death penalty is bad policy."
On October 10, 2013, a 35-member Democratic vacancy committee from across Colorado State House District 13 selected Becker to replace resigning Rep. Claire Levy. Becker beat out two other candidates — Levy's former campaign manager, Tad Kline, and retired consultant and engineer George Clark — for the seat.
Becker and her husband, Miles, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "KC + Becker + Colorado + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Colorado General Assembly - KC Becker
- Project Vote Smart - KC Becker's Biography
- Facebook page
Claire Levy (D)
|Colorado House of Representatives District 13
| Succeeded by|