|Transparency grading process|
Kanab is a city and county seat of Kane County, Utah
- Main article: Evaluation of Utah city websites
- Administration listed with contact info.
- Elected officials listed with contact info.
- Minutes available from previous meetings.
- Planning and zoning forms available.
- No budgets or audits available
- City contracts not posted
- No way to request public records
- No info on city taxes
The Sutherland Institute
The Sutherland Institute in Utah issued a transparency report that graded Utah cities according to a ten-point checklist. The Institute spent 20 minutes on each website searching for checklist items to ensure that transparency items were both present and easily accessible. 111 cities were graded and averaged a score of roughly 5 points, which is the equivalent of a C- transparency grade.
- Kane city website
- The Sutherland Institute Utah City Transparency Scores
- The Sutherland Institute Grading City Government